Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: Dr. Gary on August 25, 2008, 12:33:49 am

Title: Card Problems with 1DS MK III
Post by: Dr. Gary on August 25, 2008, 12:33:49 am
I tried inserting both a micro drive and 8GB SanDisc card in my camera. They don't seem to go in easily. It is like I push them as far as they go and they don't "lock in". I get a card read error on my top LCD panel. Any ideas?

Dr. Gary
Title: Card Problems with 1DS MK III
Post by: Henry Goh on August 25, 2008, 12:37:25 am
Quote
I tried inserting both a micro drive and 8GB SanDisc card in my camera. They don't seem to go in easily. It is like I push them as far as they go and they don't "lock in". I get a card read error on my top LCD panel. Any ideas?

Dr. Gary
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=217064\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just curious but what has that to do with the attached image?
Title: Card Problems with 1DS MK III
Post by: Kagetsu on August 25, 2008, 12:40:58 am
Quote
Just curious but what has that to do with the attached image?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=217066\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Agreed...

However, in reference to the problem, I'd probably say that you're either putting the card in around the wrong way and forcing it, or you've bent a pin or ten. Look into the slot and see if any are bent. You can try and straigten them out again, but it'd be better to have it replaced by Canon at a service centre, if a whole lot have been bent.
Title: Card Problems with 1DS MK III
Post by: Dr. Gary on August 25, 2008, 11:32:46 am
Quote
Just curious but what has that to do with the attached image?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=217066\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I looked inside and couldn't see anything bent. The  photo was the lady I was shooting when the card went south. I need to get it fixed before the Republican Convention. For a professional camera that gets minimal use (2x/week), it sure has given me a lot of problems.

drgary
Title: Card Problems with 1DS MK III
Post by: francois on August 25, 2008, 12:29:50 pm
As suggested above, it might be a bent pin or a broken pin stuck in your memory card (unlikely since you have two cards with the same issue).

Visit your Canon dealer. You can always use SD cards if you need your camera.
Title: Card Problems with 1DS MK III
Post by: kaelaria on August 25, 2008, 12:59:06 pm
Quote
For a professional camera that gets minimal use (2x/week), it sure has given me a lot of problems.

drgary
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=217118\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


Oh please.

User error.  Don't force things.