Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: hs0zfe on August 24, 2008, 10:32:51 am
-
Hi All,
I just saw this 2.8 / 200 mm lens. For the RB, there are no fast lenses like a Zeiss 2.0 / 110 mm I used in the past. For certain types of portraits, one really needs a fast lense!
Is there an adapter to use faster 645 lenses on a RB?
FYI, I have no 645 equipment yet but like some Mamiya glass for the 645bodies.
Thanks a lot! Chris
-
Hi All,
I just saw this 2.8 / 200 mm lens. For the RB, there are no fast lenses like a Zeiss 2.0 / 110 mm I used in the past. For certain types of portraits, one really needs a fast lense!
Is there an adapter to use faster 645 lenses on a RB?
FYI, I have no 645 equipment yet but like some Mamiya glass for the 645bodies.
Thanks a lot! Chris
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=216947\")
Did not know about the 200/2.8 for the RB, but there is a 200/2.8 APO manual focus lens already for the 645. I tested one a few months ago with my digital back and it was stellar, being laser sharp wide open. Its only negative was a relatively poor minimum focus distance, 2 meters IIRC, so you'll want a short tube if you like to get closer. THis is a white lens and can be found used for around $700 US.
FWIW, here is a pic of one for sale at KEH: [a href=\"http://www.keh.com/OnLineStore/ProductDetail.aspx?groupsku=MS06999040533J&brandcategoryname=Medium%20Format&Mode=&item=0&ActivateTOC2=&ID=46&BC=MS&BCC=5&CC=6&CCC=2&BCL=&GBC=&GCC=]http://www.keh.com/OnLineStore/ProductDeta...&BCL=&GBC=&GCC=[/url]
Cheers,
-
I use the 200/2.8 APO on a 1Ds2 (Jack - RobMac here - actually bought GM's 200). AS JF said, bloody stellar starting WO. A little front heavy, but hellishly sharp, well corrected and built like a tank.
-
I use the 200/2.8 APO on a 1Ds2 (Jack - RobMac here - actually bought GM's 200). AS JF said, bloody stellar starting WO. A little front heavy, but hellishly sharp, well corrected and built like a tank.
Thank you both so much. I will buy one. I was hoping there might be an adapter as I have several RB 67 bodies and might use a 4.5 x 6 back.
Now it looks like I am moving in different directions at the same time building up a GX 680 line and a Mamiya 645 besides the RB 67
Unlike the RB 67 for which new bodies are still being sold, no such luck for the manual focus 645 bodies. Or am I looking at the wrong dealerships and places?
-
I use the 200/2.8 APO on a 1Ds2 (Jack - RobMac here - actually bought GM's 200). AS JF said, bloody stellar starting WO. A little front heavy, but hellishly sharp, well corrected and built like a tank.
Thank you both so much. I will buy one. I was hoping there might be an adapter as I have several RB 67 bodies and might use a 4.5 x 6 back.
Now it looks like I am moving in different directions at the same time building up a GX 680 line and a Mamiya 645 besides the RB 67
Unlike the RB 67 for which new bodies are still being sold, no such luck for the manual focus 645 bodies. Or am I looking at the wrong dealerships and places?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=218270\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
i would look into this carefully. ive believe the has never been a 2.8 200 rb (or rz) lens, i think you are mistaking it with the 2.8 200 m645 lens built for the original manual 645 pro mamiya. it doesnt have a leaf shutter (as the m645 is focal plane) so it cant work on the rb/rz.
the 200 2.8 will fit on most focal plane bodies, ie contax (if you can find an extremely rare adaptor, not made for several years) , mamiya m645, the new mamiya 645 (as well as the phase one camera). and or cause all the focal plane 35mm based cameras.
fyi, also for focal plane mamiyas only, there is a f2.8 300 and a f4 500.
paul
-
Cheers, Paul. I am bathing in shame and remorse. It does not get any sillier than this!
Well, that means I will need the 645 Pro TL body. Yesterday, I bought a new 4.0 / 200 mm for $ 208. It was sold as "new" on eBay by a Columbus OH dealer on eBay. But I also so a "new" APO 2.8/200 mm for $ 749 overseas and a good one for $ 400. Phew, it's a relief that manual focus Mamiya glass is affordable. MF would complement even a Canon 1 Ds Mark III nicely. At least, I feel the urge to use different cameras for different jobs. In MF, one works more conscious, thinks twice before taking a photo while many DSLR users just fire away.
Thank you all for taking the time to help!