Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: stewarthemley on August 24, 2008, 07:25:38 am

Title: LR2 can't see some driver settings in leopard
Post by: stewarthemley on August 24, 2008, 07:25:38 am
My problem is with LR2 print module on a Macbook Pro (latest one), 10.5.4 and a Designjet 130. When I try to select "paper type/quality" from the third drop down box (that usually shows layout), "hp_designjet_pde" has a line through it and when selected LR says "the bundle could not be loaded because it does not contain a version for the current architecture". BUT it worked perfectly until three days ago and all other apps can see it and allow me to select paper type/quality as normal, including CS3.

That makes me think something has been corrupted in LR2, although I haven't made any changes anywhere. I have tried to uninstall LR by "removing it to trash", including any preference files I could find, then reinstalled, but same problem. Also, when I reinstall it, LR sees all my printing presets, and even repeats what I leave ready to print in the print module. So maybe I'm not removing the correct bit?

I have searched this forum, and Adobe's, but can't see the answer. All suggestions most welcome!
Title: LR2 can't see some driver settings in leopard
Post by: madmanchan on August 24, 2008, 09:10:19 am
You probably are running LR 2 in 64-bit mode. But the print driver plug-in options likely is 32-bit only. So you can try going back to LR 2 in 32-bit mode (Get Info in Finder, check the Open in 32-bit mode box). Or check the HP site to see if they have a 64-bit driver.
Title: LR2 can't see some driver settings in leopard
Post by: stewarthemley on August 24, 2008, 10:14:00 am
Quote
You probably are running LR 2 in 64-bit mode. But the print driver plug-in options likely is 32-bit only. So you can try going back to LR 2 in 32-bit mode (Get Info in Finder, check the Open in 32-bit mode box). Or check the HP site to see if they have a 64-bit driver.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=216933\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Spot on!!! I was in 64, changed it to 32 and back to normal. I said I hadn't changed anything but completely forgot that I changed it after reading on this forum that it might be better. It probably is but it's something for other people to watch for.

I can't see that HP will update their driver for a discontinued printer so it's 32 bit for me till I upgrade the printer.

Thanks again, Madmanchan.