Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: maxgruzen on August 22, 2008, 08:24:24 pm

Title: Secret powers of the 85 1.2 in L.R.
Post by: maxgruzen on August 22, 2008, 08:24:24 pm
Here's a strange one. I received my 85 1.2 today and downloaded about 50 files to lightroom 1.4. Now loupe info overlay no longer works. All the right things are checked in View & Window but no luck.  Loupe overlay still works in L.R. 2, BUT...I have not yet downloaded any 85 1.2 files to L.R.2. I knew this was a powerful lens but.....  Any advice?
Title: Secret powers of the 85 1.2 in L.R.
Post by: maxgruzen on August 23, 2008, 07:40:38 pm
It seems that others have at times lost their file info in L.R. 2.  I now believe that my lost info overlay is being caused by a bug in L.R.2 even though I am running 1.4.  When I think about it, it really doesn't seems possible. May be it really is just the secret power's of the 85 1.2.
Title: Secret powers of the 85 1.2 in L.R.
Post by: joedecker on August 25, 2008, 07:36:08 pm
Quote
It seems that others have at times lost their file info in L.R. 2.  I now believe that my lost info overlay is being caused by a bug in L.R.2 even though I am running 1.4.  When I think about it, it really doesn't seems possible. May be it really is just the secret power's of the 85 1.2.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=216884\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've had that happen two or three times, but it never lasted across rebooting the machine.  (It might be that I only shut down the application.)

Also, you know the info overlay only shows when you aren't in any of the loupe settings that hide or partially hide most of the UI (e.g., the "l" (ell) command), yeah?
Title: Secret powers of the 85 1.2 in L.R.
Post by: joedecker on August 25, 2008, 08:14:07 pm
Quote
I've had that happen two or three times, but it never lasted across rebooting the machine.  (It might be that I only shut down the application.)

Also, you know the info overlay only shows when you aren't in any of the loupe settings that hide or partially hide most of the UI (e.g., the "l" (ell) command), yeah?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=217212\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I just had a separate bug in which LR2 decided that it would display the other zoom factor when I zoomed out, e.g., I was at "fit" and "1:1", and I'd get a 1:1 image with the zoom marked "fit" and vice versa, and some other display bogosities.  That problem persisted across a shutdown and restart of LR2, but did not in this one example persist across a system reboot.

That's ... a little weird, I know.
Title: Secret powers of the 85 1.2 in L.R.
Post by: Scott Martin on August 25, 2008, 10:28:48 pm
Try going to View>ViewOptions... and make sure "Show Info Overlay" is checked and has the options you want.

If that's the Canon L series 85mm f1.2 that is a sweet lens. The bocha is incredible. Shooting at f1.2 is dangerous but when you nail it it's incredible. I wish it was as fast at focusing as the 50mm f1.2 and focused as close but I have to respect that lens. My info overlay is working in both LR 1+2 with images from that and other lenses.
Title: Secret powers of the 85 1.2 in L.R.
Post by: maxgruzen on August 26, 2008, 12:08:10 am
Quote
I've had that happen two or three times, but it never lasted across rebooting the machine.  (It might be that I only shut down the application.)

Also, you know the info overlay only shows when you aren't in any of the loupe settings that hide or partially hide most of the UI (e.g., the "l" (ell) command), yeah?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=217212\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

When I rebooted L.R.1.4 info started working again but some time afterwords I lost it once more. It has to have something to do with L.R. 2 since I've never had this problem before I installed L.R.2. I'm using a 30 day trial, and I think I'm am going to wait a while before I upgrade my 1.4.