Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Locheil on August 19, 2008, 02:30:08 pm

Title: Safe to uninstall LR 1.4 after ver. upgrade?
Post by: Locheil on August 19, 2008, 02:30:08 pm
Having now settled into LR2 after upgrading from LR1.4, is it now safe to uninstall the older version or are there common files required by the newer version?

(running LR2 on XP machine)

Regards,

Alan.
Title: Safe to uninstall LR 1.4 after ver. upgrade?
Post by: jgille on August 19, 2008, 05:53:46 pm
Quote
Having now settled into LR2 after upgrading from LR1.4, is it now safe to uninstall the older version or are there common files required by the newer version?

(running LR2 on XP machine)

Regards,

Alan.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=216072\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hello, I have uninstalled LR 1.4 without any problem after having installed LR 2.

I am also on XP.

Cheers
Title: Safe to uninstall LR 1.4 after ver. upgrade?
Post by: Jani Westman on August 20, 2008, 01:55:28 am
Quote
Hello, I have uninstalled LR 1.4 without any problem after having installed LR 2.

I am also on XP.

Cheers
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=216116\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


I also uninstalled LR 1.4 without any problem after having installed LR 2.

I am using Vista 32bit.

I'we read in a thread of a user having got rid of performance issues in v2 after uninstalling v1.4.1...

// Jani
Title: Safe to uninstall LR 1.4 after ver. upgrade?
Post by: Locheil on August 20, 2008, 06:51:55 am
Thanks Folks,

... I have now uninstalled & all seems ok  


...Alan
Title: Safe to uninstall LR 1.4 after ver. upgrade?
Post by: DaHen on August 20, 2008, 07:30:49 pm
Quote
Thanks Folks,

... I have now uninstalled & all seems ok   
...Alan
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=216212\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


Same here.

 
Title: Safe to uninstall LR 1.4 after ver. upgrade?
Post by: rdonson on August 22, 2008, 10:09:51 pm
How did you guys uninstall LR 1.41 on Windoze?  It doesn't appear in the Control Panel's Add/Remove program.  Did you just go to "All Programs", Adobe Lightroom 1.4 and do the uninstall there?

TIA
Title: Safe to uninstall LR 1.4 after ver. upgrade?
Post by: Richowens on August 22, 2008, 10:55:27 pm
Ron,

 On mine, XP SP2, it is listed as just Lightroom in Control Panel. 2.0 is listed as Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2.0.

Rich
Title: Safe to uninstall LR 1.4 after ver. upgrade?
Post by: Langsey on August 22, 2008, 11:02:31 pm
I have XP SP3 and Lightroom 1.4 wasn't listed in the add/uninstall in the control panel. You need to go to start>programs>adobe lightroom 1.4>uninstall adobe lightroom 1.4.

John
Title: Safe to uninstall LR 1.4 after ver. upgrade?
Post by: rdonson on August 23, 2008, 06:13:19 pm
Got it.  It uninstalled without a hitch and didn't seem to mess up LR 2.