Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: woof75 on August 19, 2008, 10:06:31 am

Title: really strange cs3 problem
Post by: woof75 on August 19, 2008, 10:06:31 am
I have a very strange problem with cs 3 on a mac book, if I have an external hard drive plugged in and I eject it then the whole computer slows right down and it won't speed up until I plug it in again, I don't have any system anything on my external hard drive, it's just files. Any ideas?
Title: really strange cs3 problem
Post by: The View on August 19, 2008, 10:55:48 pm
The "whole computer", or CS3? Anything you do with CS3, or just particular tasks? Try to be bit more specific.
Title: really strange cs3 problem
Post by: woof75 on August 20, 2008, 01:20:00 pm
Quote
The "whole computer", or CS3? Anything you do with CS3, or just particular tasks? Try to be bit more specific.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=216155\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The whole computer slows down. It's a very strange problem, sometimes it happens, sometimes not.
Title: really strange cs3 problem
Post by: jerryrock on August 20, 2008, 04:08:26 pm
Did you set the external drive as a Photoshop scratch disk?
Title: really strange cs3 problem
Post by: woof75 on August 22, 2008, 09:56:31 am
Quote
Did you set the external drive as a Photoshop scratch disk?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=216295\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No, thats the funny thing, I haven't done anything like that. I was processing in capture shop from a library that was on the external hard drive, quit out of that, ejected the hard drive and computer went slow and it seems to do this from time to time but not every time, strange.
Title: really strange cs3 problem
Post by: jerryrock on August 23, 2008, 07:26:54 pm
Probably some kind of system bottleneck going on with the external hard drive as this is the slowest link in the chain.  Try copying the image to the MacBook hard drive before trying to process in CS3.  That should clear up the problem.