Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: elitegroup on August 19, 2008, 03:21:26 am

Title: Some more info on the Leaf AFi 10
Post by: elitegroup on August 19, 2008, 03:21:26 am
I spoke with a rep at http://www.sunstudiosaustralia.com (http://www.sunstudiosaustralia.com) today and was told the Leaf AFi 10's live view will now be in full color and screen previews will be up to three times brighter and there will also be an option to tilt/adjust the rear LCD  for convenient viewing.  

If anyone's interested they have only one Leaf AFi 6 (Back & body) going for around $23,000 AU = $19,874 US I spoke to Nicki and she was very helpful and friendly  
Title: Some more info on the Leaf AFi 10
Post by: Natasa Stojsic on August 19, 2008, 05:15:51 am
Quote
tilt/adjust the rear LCD for convenient viewing. 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=215933\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I love when companies think about the convenience/little things like that... esspeciall because we are talking about tilting 6x7 screen!!!

Perhaps Yair will come up with some images
Title: Some more info on the Leaf AFi 10
Post by: shutay on August 19, 2008, 11:12:46 am
Sounds like great little details - but the fact that they can rotate the sensor internally, makes me wonder why they didn't offer a way to shift the sensor up and down internally - 3 positions, so to speak - up, down and in the middle. This way,  I can take 2 shots, and stitch them together to get a 56mm x 56mm capture!
Title: Some more info on the Leaf AFi 10
Post by: uaiomex on August 19, 2008, 01:39:50 pm
I've thought about that too. With a camera like the Afi, it could be writen in software in order for the camera to shoot the 3 captures in a row with mirror up. But I think it would not be possible to build a back that rotates and shift. That would have to be another model of back.
I would get the one that shifts over the revolving one, in a second. Mmhhh.. Ok, get both.
Eduardo

Quote
Sounds like great little details - but the fact that they can rotate the sensor internally, makes me wonder why they didn't offer a way to shift the sensor up and down internally - 3 positions, so to speak - up, down and in the middle. This way,  I can take 2 shots, and stitch them together to get a 56mm x 56mm capture!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=216025\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Title: Some more info on the Leaf AFi 10
Post by: Dustbak on August 19, 2008, 01:48:34 pm
Quote
Sounds like great little details - but the fact that they can rotate the sensor internally, makes me wonder why they didn't offer a way to shift the sensor up and down internally - 3 positions, so to speak - up, down and in the middle. This way,  I can take 2 shots, and stitch them together to get a 56mm x 56mm capture!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=216025\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


How about tilting the sensor?
Title: Some more info on the Leaf AFi 10
Post by: uaiomex on August 19, 2008, 07:07:51 pm
Absolutely possible with Live View technology
Ed
Quote
How about tilting the sensor?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=216067\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]