Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Tim Gray on August 16, 2008, 08:38:41 am
-
Camera is the Canon 1ds3 - is there anyway to display the active focus points in LR?
TIA.
-
No, it's proprietary info. Would be good to have though, and I'm pretty sure there are applications which do so (Breezebrowser?)
John
-
No, it's proprietary info. Would be good to have though, and I'm pretty sure there are applications which do so (Breezebrowser?)
John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=215445\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks, I'm trying to diagnose some focus issues and that would have been useful.
Canon DPP does as well...
-
Well that isn't exactly a third party app! IIRC Chris Breeze worked out how Canon stored the information, but Adobe have to be a cautious about reading proprietary information. Hopefully their Eric Chan will read this thread and comment.
John
-
Hi John, my understanding is that Breeze Browser uses the Canon SDK for raw conversion and obtaining info about the image, so it's able to extract the focus info that way.
Camera Raw / Lightroom don't use the Canon SDK (doing their own raw conversions instead) and thus don't have access to this info.
-
I've previously mentioned this in the adobe lightroom forums on adobe.com and i got really harsh answers from users... stuff like:
"I focus and recompose, the focus points are then inaccurate"
So because that is the way that one particular person shoots, LR should not consider this option. Non-sense. I think adobe should really provide this. It would be really nice.