Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Tim Gray on August 13, 2008, 07:14:58 pm

Title: Convert to DNG on Import
Post by: Tim Gray on August 13, 2008, 07:14:58 pm
Inspired by the V2 video, I'm trying to make more use of the features in lightroom.  I used to use Breezebrowser to import and rename.  I've got the way I like renaming working in LR, but I don't see an option to create a DNG on import.  I just watched the ingestion chapter again, but while DNG was mentioned, it was only in passing.

I'd like to rename, set standard previews, apply a preset and convert to DNG all on import - I can do everything except the DNG part and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Title: Convert to DNG on Import
Post by: DarkPenguin on August 13, 2008, 07:37:27 pm
It is under "File Handling" at the top.  Copy photos as digital negative or something like that.
Title: Convert to DNG on Import
Post by: Tim Gray on August 13, 2008, 07:53:16 pm
That's it - thanks.
Title: Convert to DNG on Import
Post by: Photo Op on August 13, 2008, 08:21:02 pm
Quote
I'd like to rename, set standard previews, apply a preset and convert to DNG all on import - I can do everything except the DNG part and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=214897\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Check out ImageIngester Pro (on this Forum). In addition to the items you ask about, it offers many other ingest features including a comprehensive backup scheme.

--Dave