Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Digital Cameras & Shooting Techniques => Topic started by: pennimages on August 13, 2008, 09:43:20 am

Title: ADVICE ON P45+, ACCESORIES AND BATTERIES
Post by: pennimages on August 13, 2008, 09:43:20 am
Hello,
I am thinking of buying a P30+ OR A P45+ and need to know what do someone do
about, for example, spare batteries? I heard that spare batteries are actually SONY batteries that are used in some digital cameras/camcorders?
Dos anyone know which type are they (I know sony has dozens of different battery types, very confusing). I know they should be 7.2v/2500MAh, byt that's all?

What are your experiences in using third party  or Sony brand batteries in PhaseOne backs? Any precautions? How many should I have on me to get me through a day's shoot, some 1500 frames. I know from reviews online that actual shots-per charge are much lower than what PhaseOne claims..

Too many questions...? Sorry, just want to be sure.

Regards

pennimages
Title: ADVICE ON P45+, ACCESORIES AND BATTERIES
Post by: DarkPenguin on August 13, 2008, 10:16:26 am
You might want to re-ask this one forum down.

Edit: I see that you did.  Nevermind then.
Title: ADVICE ON P45+, ACCESORIES AND BATTERIES
Post by: Kitty on August 20, 2008, 04:37:43 am
P45+ consume power more than 30+. 2500 mAH is able to run about 300-400 shots or a few hours usage. Never really count. For one whole day you need more than one battery. 1,500 shots youu need 2-3 batteries.

I don't know about Sony batteries but you can use Canon BP915 or equivalent. Just the power is less than the original phaseone.

Kitty