Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Locheil on August 12, 2008, 05:38:42 pm

Title: LR2 exporting & burning to cd/dvd
Post by: Locheil on August 12, 2008, 05:38:42 pm
Hi,
has anyone tried exporting images within Lightroom 2, to cd or dvd. I have tried twice now without success. I have tried selecting approx 800 images, mix of jpg, tif & cr2 files, and burning them through the export function of LR2.
First attempt ( set to leave file types unaltered) seemed to start ok, spanning multiple DVD's, but LR2 just hung up 62% of the way through the process, on the 2nd disc,  therebye wasting the burned discs!
Second attempt tried same files, but converting them to JPG's first, which I think should have fitted on to 1 DVD disc, but once again at about 66%, on disc 1, this time the application hangs, with the DVD drive just buzzing around!
Note I use this drive to burn with other applications like Nero, etc just fine!

Any clues as to why LR2 fails to burn discs?

system:
XP sp3
2GB ram
Title: LR2 exporting & burning to cd/dvd
Post by: Locheil on August 13, 2008, 08:37:24 am
I done further research to find this article...
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten...31459&sliceId=2 (http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=331459&sliceId=2)

followed the link, to find none of my 2 DVD drives are supported!
This just makes my *!^%$ day!... why are we not forwarned by Adobe before laying out cash on their product?

...Alan
Title: LR2 exporting & burning to cd/dvd
Post by: rdonson on August 13, 2008, 09:58:37 am
They do offer a 30 day free trial.
Title: LR2 exporting & burning to cd/dvd
Post by: Locheil on August 13, 2008, 11:52:47 am
Unfortunately, I paid for the upgrade from ver 1.x to 2.0 before comming across this issue.

I could just export to a Dir, & burn with a secondary application like "Imgburn", as at least that also verifies the burned disc. Before then deleting the temp export dir.

...Alan
Title: LR2 exporting & burning to cd/dvd
Post by: rdonson on August 13, 2008, 01:27:33 pm
That's my general approach anyway.  I've had good luck with CD Burner XP software for burning CDs and DVDs.  You can't beat the price.