Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: evgeny on August 10, 2008, 05:19:22 am

Title: Is it safe to shoot Sunset with Sun?
Post by: evgeny on August 10, 2008, 05:19:22 am
Sunset was not a problem with film, but I think I need to take care when using a digital sensor.

How to shoot Sunset with the Sun included in the frame without risk damaging Sinarback 54M?

Thank
Title: Is it safe to shoot Sunset with Sun?
Post by: michael on August 10, 2008, 08:52:40 am
There is no significant risk to a CCD sensor from shooting sunrise and sunset.

I wouldn't shoot the mid-day sun directly with a 300mm lens for 30 seconds, but other than that there's nothing to worry about.

Michael
Title: Is it safe to shoot Sunset with Sun?
Post by: evgeny on August 10, 2008, 09:03:35 am
Michael, thanks!