Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: MarkKay on August 09, 2008, 01:18:07 pm

Title: Lee 95mm Adapter Ring on wide angle lens
Post by: MarkKay on August 09, 2008, 01:18:07 pm
I use the Lee square  4x4 and rectangular 4x6 ND filters with my Hasselblad H3DII-31.  The nice thing about this system is that have a single holder that connects to each lens via an adapter ring. The thread on my 28mm HC is 95mm and thisresults in pretty substantial vignetting even with the 31 sensor. I suspect it is much worse on the 39 sensor.  I just wonder if there is any work around here or alternative.

Lee makes adapter rings especially for wide-angle lenses but not  in the   95mm variety. THe vignetting is due to the adapter ring  since i see it when i put the ring on the lens without any of the filters or the holder.
Title: Lee 95mm Adapter Ring on wide angle lens
Post by: Paul2660 on August 09, 2008, 01:49:05 pm
If you do a search on this same forum for my original post on the 28mm Mamiya and filter use you will find some possible ideas.  It goes back 3 months or so.  There are some pictures towards the end of the post that show a way of using a large sheet filter on the Mamiya 28mm.  The Hassy sounds a bit smaller, but you still have the need to get outside the outer diameter of the lens.  

Paul C
Title: Lee 95mm Adapter Ring on wide angle lens
Post by: MarkKay on August 09, 2008, 06:53:52 pm
Paul thanks. I have found the thread and twice tried to access it over the last few hours and I get a timed out error message.. I will try again.

Quote
If you do a search on this same forum for my original post on the 28mm Mamiya and filter use you will find some possible ideas.  It goes back 3 months or so.  There are some pictures towards the end of the post that show a way of using a large sheet filter on the Mamiya 28mm.  The Hassy sounds a bit smaller, but you still have the need to get outside the outer diameter of the lens. 

Paul C
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=214108\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Title: Lee 95mm Adapter Ring on wide angle lens
Post by: jecxz on August 09, 2008, 08:05:32 pm
Quote
I use the Lee square  4x4 and rectangular 4x6 ND filters with my Hasselblad H3DII-31.  The nice thing about this system is that have a single holder that connects to each lens via an adapter ring. The thread on my 28mm HC is 95mm and thisresults in pretty substantial vignetting even with the 31 sensor. I suspect it is much worse on the 39 sensor.  I just wonder if there is any work around here or alternative.

Lee makes adapter rings especially for wide-angle lenses but not  in the   95mm variety. THe vignetting is due to the adapter ring  since i see it when i put the ring on the lens without any of the filters or the holder.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=214106\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Mark, are you using the Lee push on / compression adapter for the 95mm or a screw type adapter from lee for 95mm - I use it quite frequently (on my 35mm lens) without major vignetting, some, but not major.
Title: Lee 95mm Adapter Ring on wide angle lens
Post by: MarkKay on August 09, 2008, 08:06:50 pm
Screw on adapter ring.

Quote
Mark, are you using the Lee push on / compression adapter for the 95mm or a screw type adapter from lee for 95mm - I use it quite frequently (on my 35mm lens) without major vignetting, some, but not major.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=214159\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Title: Lee 95mm Adapter Ring on wide angle lens
Post by: jecxz on August 09, 2008, 08:14:23 pm
Quote
Screw on adapter ring.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=214160\")
[a href=\"http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/162980-REG/LEE_Filters_FK100_Foundation_Kit_100_4x4_.html]http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1629...t_100_4x4_.html[/url]

I tried looking at the Lee site but it is just terrible; here is the product at B&H. Be well.
Title: Lee 95mm Adapter Ring on wide angle lens
Post by: MarkKay on August 09, 2008, 08:22:58 pm
Thanks for the information.. I guess that might work.. another thing to add to the bag..


Quote
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1629...t_100_4x4_.html (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/162980-REG/LEE_Filters_FK100_Foundation_Kit_100_4x4_.html)

I tried looking at the Lee site but it is just terrible; here is the product at B&H. Be well.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=214162\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Title: Lee 95mm Adapter Ring on wide angle lens
Post by: Paul2660 on August 10, 2008, 11:33:40 am
Here is the link to the post I was referring to.

I looked at the Lee filters, but they were not large enough at 4x4.  The glass filter that Tim found is 5.6 x 5.6.  

Paul C

http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....topic=23146&hl= (http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23146&hl=)