Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: KeithR on August 06, 2008, 11:33:06 pm

Title: Has LR2 shipped yet?
Post by: KeithR on August 06, 2008, 11:33:06 pm
I placed my order on 29July08 for LR2. My order status said that it was "pending"(which I find amusing since my CS3 which was ordered and received in April '07 also still says "pending") and to expect delivery 6AUG08. Well it's 1030pm on the 6th and I don't know the "status". So I'm asking if anyone who placed their order for the hard copy, have you received it yet?
Title: Has LR2 shipped yet?
Post by: Wayne194 on August 07, 2008, 10:56:49 am
Quote
I placed my order on 29July08 for LR2. My order status said that it was "pending"(which I find amusing since my CS3 which was ordered and received in April '07 also still says "pending") and to expect delivery 6AUG08. Well it's 1030pm on the 6th and I don't know the "status". So I'm asking if anyone who placed their order for the hard copy, have you received it yet?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=213577\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I also ordered the box version as you did and my account shows the same details as yours with a delivery of Aug. 6th.
I just spoke to Adobe and was told that they ran out of the product and it should be sent next week.
Guess we will just have to wait.

Wayne
Title: Has LR2 shipped yet?
Post by: Victoria Bampton on August 07, 2008, 12:42:57 pm
You guys do realise you can download the trial in the meantime and just input your serial number when it arrives, I'm sure...
Title: Has LR2 shipped yet?
Post by: giorgiogs on August 08, 2008, 09:26:41 am
Same here,

The delivery estimated was today but the order is still Pending.

Let's see what happen  
Title: Has LR2 shipped yet?
Post by: KeithR on August 08, 2008, 09:48:17 am
Quote
I just spoke to Adobe and was told that they ran out of the product and
Wayne
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=213654\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm not sure if I buy that they ran out of the product on opening day. Either they were ready to ship or they weren't.
Title: Has LR2 shipped yet?
Post by: mmurph on August 13, 2008, 03:29:57 pm
Any updates from folks on shipping status?

I ordered an educational copy for my wife from "Academic Superstore." It shows as being on backorder.

If I order from Adobe will it ship? Don't want to still have it on backorder when her 30 day trial expires.

Thanks!

Michael
Title: Has LR2 shipped yet?
Post by: KeithR on August 13, 2008, 05:19:29 pm
Quote
Any updates from folks on shipping status?

I ordered an educational copy for my wife from "Academic Superstore." It shows as being on backorder.

If I order from Adobe will it ship? Don't want to still have it on backorder when her 30 day trial expires.

Thanks!

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=214849\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I called Adobe yesterday(12Aug) and was told that it shipped on the 12th. This is two weeks after I placed my online order though the Adobe store. This morning I checked my bank account and my account had been charged. I just checked my account at Adobe and found a tracking number so I checked and have an estimated delivery date of the 15th. So my guess is that they are shipping.
Title: Has LR2 shipped yet?
Post by: mmurph on August 13, 2008, 09:39:57 pm
Cool, thanks!

I guess I will hang on a bit with the backorder at the other store.  

I don't know why you can't just buy it as a download and get the serial number right away? Then have the disk shipped for an extra $10, like some software providers.  After all we have already downloaded the product for beta, then as a trial version.  

I guess I will refrain from loading it on my photo editing machine. Then if the 30 days expires on my laptop before the disk arrives, I can install it on teh photo editing desktop and she can continue to use it.  I have been waiting for a couple of months to buy until 2.0 came out, now waiting again for shipping ..

Good thing they have a hot product in a good niche or the would lose a lot of sales.  

I hate to build a workflow on a product and then lose it for a while.

Best,
Michael
Title: Has LR2 shipped yet?
Post by: mmurph on August 16, 2008, 02:46:43 pm
My order shipped on Thursday. Should be here on Tuesday.

So I went ahead and installed on the photo computer and converted the 1.4 catalogs to 2.0    

Best,
Michael