Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Peter F on July 31, 2008, 10:05:35 am

Title: Any reason not to buy LT 2?
Post by: Peter F on July 31, 2008, 10:05:35 am
I am a happy user of LR1 and PSE5.  The cost of upgrading to LR2 and PSE7 (when it becomes availble) are not for part of the consideration.... I will buy them.

But before I buy LT2, I thought I would ask if there are any reasons NOT to upgrade.  In other words, has Adobe taken anything away from us?

Thanks.

Peter F.
Title: Any reason not to buy LT 2?
Post by: Schewe on July 31, 2008, 10:15:51 am
Download the demo and answer it for yourself...
Title: Any reason not to buy LT 2?
Post by: wolfnowl on July 31, 2008, 03:41:36 pm
This won't give you anywhere near the depth (or the fancy clothing) of Michael and Jeff's LR 2 video, but Julieanne Kost has 3 videos exploring LR 2's new features, here:

http://www.adobe.com/designcenter/photoshoplightroom/ (http://www.adobe.com/designcenter/photoshoplightroom/)  Then, as Jeff said, try it yourself.  I think it's an amazing difference over LR 1.x

Mike.
Title: Any reason not to buy LT 2?
Post by: Peter F on July 31, 2008, 10:31:10 pm
That link is very very helplful.  Thank you.

Peter F.
Title: Any reason not to buy LT 2?
Post by: Littlefield on August 02, 2008, 02:47:52 pm
Yea if you only have a computer with 1 gb
Joking,but  will LR2  work with 1GB ? LR1.4 did but you have the brush etc in LR2
Title: Any reason not to buy LT 2?
Post by: barryfitzgerald on August 03, 2008, 10:02:14 pm
Still playing with the demo, overall it gets the thumbs up from me. LR is just my kind of program (PS is overkill for me)

But...

The slideshow module seems a bit wonky. I tried to export to pdf and jpeg, and sometimes many images are just missing...strange, maybe a bug or something.

The other thing I really miss is some distortion correction, even manual..would be nice. Amazed this didn't make it in version 2.
Title: Any reason not to buy LT 2?
Post by: rdonson on August 04, 2008, 07:47:03 am
Spend $15 and get PTLens (http://epaperpress.com/ptlens/).  It will work from LR as an external editor and in PS as a plug-in.