Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Jim Pascoe on July 31, 2008, 04:49:01 am

Title: Running LR1 and LR2
Post by: Jim Pascoe on July 31, 2008, 04:49:01 am
This might sound a silly question, but when I update to LR2, will I still be able to go back to LR1
if I wish?  Obviously not simultaneously.

I do some tutorial type sessions for members of my camera club and many of them are slowly
taking up Lightroom. However I am sure that many will not upgrade for a while and I would rather be able to demonstrate with the software they are actually using.

By the way, although I have not ordered the upgrade yet, I am enjoying the new tutorials by MR and JS.  Excellent work!

Jim
Title: Running LR1 and LR2
Post by: francois on July 31, 2008, 05:10:55 am
Quote
This might sound a silly question, but when I update to LR2, will I still be able to go back to LR1
if I wish?  Obviously not simultaneously.

I do some tutorial type sessions for members of my camera club and many of them are slowly
taking up Lightroom. However I am sure that many will not upgrade for a while and I would rather be able to demonstrate with the software they are actually using.

By the way, although I have not ordered the upgrade yet, I am enjoying the new tutorials by MR and JS.  Excellent work!

Jim
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=211976\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Jim,
LR2 updates your LR 1.x catalog, so you original catalog is not touched and you can run LR 1.x. I can use LR 2 and LR 1.x on my Macs. I don't know what happens to presets, web galleries, export actions/presets etc...
Title: Running LR1 and LR2
Post by: Jim Pascoe on July 31, 2008, 05:20:30 am
Thank you Francois

Does that mean that the old LR icon will be in the dock (Mac) and I can just choose whether to
open LR1 or LR2?

Jim
Title: Running LR1 and LR2
Post by: francois on July 31, 2008, 05:23:24 am
Quote
…
Does that mean that the old LR icon will be in the dock (Mac) and I can just choose whether to
open LR1 or LR2?
…[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=211981\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Right, you can have both icons in the dock.
Title: Running LR1 and LR2
Post by: Jim Pascoe on July 31, 2008, 08:25:05 am
Many thanks.

Regards

Jim