Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: rickshanahan on July 30, 2008, 05:54:52 pm

Title: Strange crashing issue with LR 2
Post by: rickshanahan on July 30, 2008, 05:54:52 pm
Hi guys, I can't import photos from my CF card, when I try it opens up the import dialog box, but just hangs there.  It doesn't show any preview images on the right, and after ten seconds or so it says the following message then crashes:

"The specified I/O operation on \Device\Harddisk1\DR2 was not completed before the time-out period expired."

What is that?  I tried re-installing a couple of times and I tried removing all other occurences of previous LR's on my PC and nothing helps.

Please help...!

Thank you.
Title: Strange crashing issue with LR 2
Post by: DarkPenguin on July 30, 2008, 06:23:23 pm
Sounds like you're losing a had drive.
Title: Strange crashing issue with LR 2
Post by: Richowens on July 30, 2008, 07:24:46 pm
Are you trying to import from disk or import from device?

With a card reader you need to import from device.

Rich
Title: Strange crashing issue with LR 2
Post by: rickshanahan on July 30, 2008, 10:10:59 pm
Quote
Are you trying to import from disk or import from device?

With a card reader you need to import from device.

Rich
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=211880\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm importing from a card, and I chose from the file menu, "import>from device"...
Title: Strange crashing issue with LR 2
Post by: john545 on July 31, 2008, 11:14:21 am
Quote
I'm importing from a card, and I chose from the file menu, "import>from device"...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=211924\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Two suggestions:

1) If you have another card reader around, try using it.

2) Try copying the files in question to HD and import from there.

Also, do you recognize the error path (...on \Device\Harddisk1\DR2)?

I know these don't actually 'solve' the problem, but they could help narrow down the possibilities.
Title: Strange crashing issue with LR 2
Post by: rickshanahan on July 31, 2008, 03:13:19 pm
Quote
Two suggestions:

1) If you have another card reader around, try using it.

2) Try copying the files in question to HD and import from there.

Also, do you recognize the error path (...on \Device\Harddisk1\DR2)?

I know these don't actually 'solve' the problem, but they could help narrow down the possibilities.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=212064\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, I formatted the CF card (which cost me all the images on it) and it seems to work fine now.  Maybe the card is going bad.