Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Murray Fredericks on July 28, 2008, 07:45:26 pm

Title: 32gig Cards
Post by: Murray Fredericks on July 28, 2008, 07:45:26 pm
Hi All,

it seems that none of the reputable brands of CF card manufacturers have released a 32gig card.

Is anyone using a 32gig card that works?

Cheers

Murray
Title: 32gig Cards
Post by: DavidP on July 28, 2008, 08:47:11 pm
What back are you using? I was thinking about getting the SanDisk Extreme III 16gig card for a P-45+, and would be curious if anyone is using that combination. The Phase One Knowledge has not been updated recently on Card compatibility.
Title: 32gig Cards
Post by: Murray Fredericks on July 28, 2008, 09:13:50 pm
Quote
What back are you using? I was thinking about getting the SanDisk Extreme III 16gig card for a P-45+, and would be curious if anyone is using that combination. The Phase One Knowledge has not been updated recently on Card compatibility.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=211273\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


Hi David,

I am using the Sandisk 16gig card already in my Sinar 75LV with no problems.

The 32 gig card is actually for a time lapse application with another camera - but as a member of this forum I thought it was a likely place to find people with experience of a new 32gig card??

Cheers

Murray
Title: 32gig Cards
Post by: TMcCulley on July 28, 2008, 11:10:43 pm
Quote
Hi David,

I am using the Sandisk 16gig card already in my Sinar 75LV with no problems.

The 32 gig card is actually for a time lapse application with another camera - but as a member of this forum I thought it was a likely place to find people with experience of a new 32gig card??

Cheers

Murray
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=211281\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

BernardLanquillier took several on a trip to Nepal and used them in a D3 and was pleased with them.  Maybe he will see this post and let you know about his experience

Tom
Title: 32gig Cards
Post by: BernardLanguillier on July 28, 2008, 11:46:37 pm
Quote
it seems that none of the reputable brands of CF card manufacturers have released a 32gig card.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=211259\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have indeed been using a set of 6 32GB cards from Transcend without any problem. They cost less than 200 US$ each and are plenty fast on my D3.

The great thing about the D3 is that thanks to its dual slot in back up mode, I have 2 copies of all my raw files on 2 different cards. The chance that they both fail at the same time is close to zero.

I would probably have more problem trusting such large cards with a different body.

Cheers,
Bernard