Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: eatstickyrice on July 26, 2008, 12:17:58 pm

Title: Importing Keywords
Post by: eatstickyrice on July 26, 2008, 12:17:58 pm
Friends, I wonder if you could help me with something. I am trying to get lightroom set up with several different groups of keywords. I know keywords can be imported through metadata/import keywords. However, my groups are nested... I mean, they have a master heading (e.g. Actions) with specific possibilities below (e.g. approach, aim, applaud etc.). Whenever I import they come in as a list and I have to manually put them inside of a folder. I tried exporting a hierarchical/nested set like this and found that Lightroom exports them with the heading justified to the left side with the nested words tab spaced below. I tried to set up my existing text file to match that, but still ended up with an un-nested listed upon import. Is there an efficient way to import nested keywords?

Thanks,
Rick
Title: Importing Keywords
Post by: eatstickyrice on July 26, 2008, 12:29:10 pm
Yeah, okay, I figured something out. For whatever reason Lightroom didn't accept "indented" keywords in a nested form, however it did accept "tabbed" keywords in a nested form. To the eye these are exactly the same, but I guess not. In any case, hopefully this answer will help some others as well.

Rick