Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Natasa Stojsic on July 24, 2008, 04:20:23 am
-
I have a huge order of APS Films and 35mm/MF negatives to scan.....
It is a perfect time to hire part time students at least for APS Films there is close to 3000 of APS alone....
So I thought 35/MF is easy because I can spread them on the scanner bed.... but APS is something I don't know much and it's in the shell.....
I use PC and Mac computers... can you guys help with the choice of best APS scanner with the highest resolution/etc.
Is there one that does it all with adapters, etc....(probably not but I had to ask)?
Any links, prices... THANKS
PS:APS Films/They are one of my older clients, so I can't give up or ignore the order....!!!!
Thanks again...
-
Can anybody confirm if Nikon Super Coolscan 9000 ED can do it?
I found mix opinions but nothing from the user end... on the description, they
say 35mm, MF format, etc (perhaps etc. is APS?)
Can somebody confirm?
PS: This is top of the line (top $$$) Nikon Scanner... if this one can do it, I assume
Models below this should do APS too....????
-
No, the Nikon LS9000 does not do APS, at least I have never seen an adapter for it. I have an older Canon FS4000 that does have an APS adapter, I think there are a few more film scanners that have that capability (Canon, Minolta?)
Dave
-
No, the Nikon LS9000 does not do APS, at least I have never seen an adapter for it. I have an older Canon FS4000 that does have an APS adapter, I think there are a few more film scanners that have that capability (Canon, Minolta?)
Dave
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=210514\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I'm not up to date with the current offerings - I do have an APS adapter for my ancient Polaroid SS4000 though.
Later,
Johnny
-
I found this model NIKON COOLSCAN LS-5000 ED SCANNER (http://www.ephotocraft.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=018208092383) as described can do APS Films
Do you guys know the difference between 4000 and 5000 because the price is almost double
and I wonder should I buy 2x4000 or 1x5000?
-
I found this model NIKON COOLSCAN LS-5000 ED SCANNER (http://www.ephotocraft.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=018208092383) as described can do APS Films
Do you guys know the difference between 4000 and 5000 because the price is almost double
and I wonder should I buy 2x4000 or 1x5000?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=210532\")
I purchased a Nikon Coolscan 5000 to scan my 35mm slides. I am really not satisfied with its ability to scan slides, specifically those that are high in contrast. A highly undesirable haloing or ghost image manifests itself perpendicular to the direction of travel of the scanner in the areas of higher contrast.
I contacted Nikon about this and they say that the behavior is normal, which I find hard to understand, given that it is marketed for its ability to render tones well.
I had gone to a local lab who has a Coolscan 5000, and their scanner exhibits the same issue, so I believe the issue is systemic.
Check out my previous posting on this, scroll down to where I posted a sample of the problem at [a href=\"http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20803&hl=]this link here.[/url]
-
I purchased a Nikon Coolscan 5000 to scan my 35mm slides. I am really not satisfied with its ability to scan slides, specifically those that are high in contrast. A highly undesirable haloing or ghost image manifests itself perpendicular to the direction of travel of the scanner in the areas of higher contrast.
I contacted Nikon about this and they say that the behavior is normal, which I find hard to understand, given that it is marketed for its ability to render tones well.
I had gone to a local lab who has a Coolscan 5000, and their scanner exhibits the same issue, so I believe the issue is systemic.
Check out my previous posting on this, scroll down to where I posted a sample of the problem at this link here. (http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20803&hl=)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=210553\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks for the link, that's very strange of Nikon... I thought rental company used them
just because they are good and reliable!!!
Well, now I don't know what are my options.... it's getting tougher and tougher