Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: elitegroup on July 19, 2008, 07:30:40 pm

Title: Fashion Photographer Bruce Testones
Post by: elitegroup on July 19, 2008, 07:30:40 pm
Fashion Photographer Bruce Testones one of the most amazing rising fashion photographers of the 21st Century

J' Adore, Tres Magnifque http://youtube.com/watch?v=QBG8RhmW_N8&feature=related (http://youtube.com/watch?v=QBG8RhmW_N8&feature=related)  
Title: Fashion Photographer Bruce Testones
Post by: elitegroup on July 19, 2008, 08:11:29 pm
My apologies, I shouldn't have posted this here, to late to delete it, hope no one was offended  
Title: Fashion Photographer Bruce Testones
Post by: James R Russell on July 19, 2008, 08:14:22 pm
Quote
My apologies, I shouldn't have posted this here, to late to delete it, hope no one was offended 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=209457\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


It didn't offend me, other than I wonder where he got that white camera.



JR
Title: Fashion Photographer Bruce Testones
Post by: elitegroup on July 19, 2008, 08:18:50 pm
Quote
It didn't offend me, other than I wonder where he got that white camera.
JR
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=209458\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

the white camera looks like a minolta SLR I saw in the late 90's, some kinda one off demo body.
Title: Fashion Photographer Bruce Testones
Post by: Tim Lüdin on July 19, 2008, 09:34:28 pm
It's all good man. That was a cool clip.
The kind of cliché we all have to fight against more than we like.
Funny.

Tim
Title: Fashion Photographer Bruce Testones
Post by: Don Libby on July 19, 2008, 09:50:10 pm
Just what I needed today - too funny!  

A couple people just came into the studio asking why I was laughing my arse off      

Now I really need to think about adding people into my lanscapes ....  

don
Title: Fashion Photographer Bruce Testones
Post by: ndevlin on July 19, 2008, 10:46:22 pm
Bruce assisted briefly for me in the late 90s. It's nice to see he's finally come into his own as artist.
Title: Fashion Photographer Bruce Testones
Post by: DesW on July 20, 2008, 01:20:57 am
Quote
My apologies, I shouldn't have posted this here, to late to delete it, hope no one was offended 
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=209457\")

Ha! Yes rather close to the bone(sic)! can't beat a bit of humour to ease up the tension generated by some of the posts.

On that score came across an award winning campaign a while back for an Aust Rep Agency

Brought a chuckle--

[a href=\"http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/team201/Picture_1.jpg]http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/team201/Picture_1.jpg[/url]

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/team201/Picture_2.jpg (http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/team201/Picture_2.jpg)

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/team201/Picture_3_002.jpg (http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/team201/Picture_3_002.jpg)

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/team201/Picture_5.jpg (http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/team201/Picture_5.jpg)

Des W


http://www.deswilliams.com/ (http://www.deswilliams.com/)
Title: Fashion Photographer Bruce Testones
Post by: DavidP on July 20, 2008, 01:57:06 am
That is very funny.
This is sort of an old one. Sjan the food photographer with his assistants Blaze and Blue

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Swo_wI2hRbs (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Swo_wI2hRbs)
Title: Fashion Photographer Bruce Testones
Post by: Frank Doorhof on July 20, 2008, 04:14:01 am
Never saw the pictures, they are hilarious

The Bruce video has been a part of some of my workshops in the last few months, it's just so typical
Title: Fashion Photographer Bruce Testones
Post by: CaptainHook on July 20, 2008, 04:27:58 am
Quote
Des W
http://www.deswilliams.com/ (http://www.deswilliams.com/)

Des, if you didn't get my PM, please email me urgently!
[email protected]

Thanks.
Title: Fashion Photographer Bruce Testones
Post by: DesW on July 20, 2008, 04:38:17 am
Quote
Des, if you didn't get my PM, please email me urgently!
[email protected]

Thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=209499\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Title: Fashion Photographer Bruce Testones
Post by: CaptainHook on July 20, 2008, 04:41:47 am
--Resolved--
Title: Fashion Photographer Bruce Testones
Post by: feppe on July 20, 2008, 06:29:24 am
It's uncanny how Joe Rogan fits that role perfectly - I never imagined he'd be such a good actor.

Then again, maybe he wasn't acting...
Title: Fashion Photographer Bruce Testones
Post by: elitegroup on July 20, 2008, 08:15:40 am
Any one see this youtube preview on the Nikon D3X??

I don't know if the info is true or not,

-17.8 Megapixel in FX mode, No DX crop available
-ISO 12-640 (Boost 800 & 1200)
-Raw Recording Mode 14-bit, 16-bit, 24-bit
-Max speed 1/2000s Minimum: 2 minutes
-Burst 4FPS Raw or Tiff only (no Jpeg)
-Price 6,499.95

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n77Obs9r14Q (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n77Obs9r14Q)
Title: Fashion Photographer Bruce Testones
Post by: Dustbak on July 20, 2008, 08:26:06 am
Great video!  (of Mr. Testone)

That would be some really unexpected specifications but very usefull opting to go to ultralow ISO, if they have raised the sync speed again to at least 1/500 (like the D1x).

24bit?  
built-in flashmeter?
sync to 1/1000?
built-in wireless?

   

Sorry, I think this must be a hoax. Would be extremely unconventional though if true.
Title: Fashion Photographer Bruce Testones
Post by: klane on July 20, 2008, 02:26:35 pm
Quote
Great video!  (of Mr. Testone)

That would be some really unexpected specifications but very usefull opting to go to ultralow ISO, if they have raised the sync speed again to at least 1/500 (like the D1x).

24bit? 
built-in flashmeter?
sync to 1/1000?
built-in wireless?

   

Sorry, I think this must be a hoax. Would be extremely unconventional though if true.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=209521\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah the iso 12-640 I think is the give away, people would have a shit fit without high iso.
Title: Fashion Photographer Bruce Testones
Post by: Morgan_Moore on July 21, 2008, 04:53:47 pm
Quote
Yeah the iso 12-640 I think is the give away, people would have a shit fit without high iso.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=209586\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The ISO on the currnent D3 is rediculous, plopping it up to 560 seems to just hoover in light

I find myself shooting at 1/250 indoors no flash - 640 would be plenty xept for night sport, gigs and theatre

doesnt mean I believe the vid though..

S