Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: sergio on July 10, 2008, 09:34:16 pm
-
LR has everything I need except that I need to keep track of different locations for the same file.
I have a lot of files that are on my "live" drives and also in my backup drives which are offline in closet. Any ideas of how to do this in a practical manner? I have tons of images. Maybe having separate catalogs. Or using a DAM app better?
Any ideas and suggestions, welcome.
Thanks
Sergio
-
LR2 differentiates between multiple drives in the Folders pane, but you can still only have one instance of a file in a single catalog. In your case, maybe multiple catalogs make the most sense. You can always use Import/Export from Catalog when necessary to move files and metadata between catalogs.