Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: markowich on July 10, 2008, 05:08:29 am
-
as many of you have already guessed after hasselblad's announcement, phase wil announce a
60 mpx (more or less) 645 sensor at or even before photokina. i guess we shall hear similar news from sinar soo, they all use the same senor provider.
this is all i know, no more details were revealed to me.
peter
-
as many of you have already guessed after hasselblad's announcement, phase wil announce a
60 mpx (more or less) 645 sensor at or even before photokina. i guess we shall hear similar news from sinar soo, they all use the same senor provider.
this is all i know, no more details were revealed to me.
peter
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206926\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I heard the same story.... so we'll see, hopefully it's true
-
Arghh... the suspense till Photokina is killing me - I'm considering which dMF system to buy, and want to be able to make the newest backs part of my decision process. I want the most detail possible in a digital process, so these new big mega-backs are actually relevant to what I'm trying to accomplish...
-
as many of you have already guessed after hasselblad's announcement, phase wil announce a
60 mpx (more or less) 645 sensor at or even before photokina. i guess we shall hear similar news from sinar soo, they all use the same senor provider.
this is all i know, no more details were revealed to me.
peter
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206926\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Only Hasselblad and PhaseOne use the same manufacturer (Kodak). Sinar and Leaf use Dalsa sensors.
-
sorry about this error. actually, the 'kodak' connection was my speculation.
i have no info about the manufacturer of the 645 sensor.
peter
Only Hasselblad and PhaseOne use the same manufacturer (Kodak). Sinar and Leaf use Dalsa sensors.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206936\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
Only Hasselblad and PhaseOne use the same manufacturer (Kodak). Sinar and Leaf use Dalsa sensors.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206936\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Until now, right?
Regards,
Bernard
-
Only Hasselblad and PhaseOne use the same manufacturer (Kodak). Sinar and Leaf use Dalsa sensors.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206936\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Sinar is using both Dalsa and Kodak (54H and 54MC)
Yevgeny
-
Gidday,
The story I got was the new Phase 60 mpx chip MIGHT not be a Kodak chip.
All I know if Leaf don't get there act together in increasing there long exposer time's I will have to take a good look at the new Phase back over my Leaf Aptus 75.
Cheers
Simon
-
We actually just got an announcement that us Phase One dealers will have a special Webinar tomorrow to go over some special announcements about the P65+ and the new T/S lenses!
As soon as we get more information we will post it here and on our website!
Exciting!
Lance Schad
Capture Integration - Miami/Atlanta
305-394-3196 cell | 305-534-5701 office
877-217-9870 toll free
Capture Integration
[email protected]
-
We actually just got an announcement that us Phase One dealers will have a special Webinar tomorrow to go over some special announcements about the P65+ and the new T/S lenses!
As soon as we get more information we will post it here and on our website!
Exciting!
Lance Schad
Capture Integration - Miami/Atlanta
305-394-3196 cell | 305-534-5701 office
877-217-9870 toll free
Capture Integration
[email protected]
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206978\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Is it just a coincidence that if you extrapolate the new 50mp Kodak chip to a full 645 size you get.....65mp!
-
We actually just got an announcement that us Phase One dealers will have a special Webinar tomorrow to go over some special announcements about the P65+ and the new T/S lenses!
Hi Lance. On the T/S lenses, are they related to Phase One, or something totally different? I don't recall seeing any rumors of T/S lenses in connection with Phase One, just the upcoming leaf lenses.
P.S. I noted with interest a few days ago that a Phase One rep on the Phase One forums said their back form factor was big enough to accomodate bigger sensors and bigger LCD screens. He was answering a question about what Phase One might announce at Photokina, and I got the impression he was hinting about what we could expect in the near future. Speculation on my part, of course.
-
Is it just a coincidence that if you extrapolate the new 50mp Kodak chip to a full 645 size you get.....65mp!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206979\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
All this got me thinking and I believe I have a new way to stay current and not have to worry about those time consuming hardware upgrades.
Stickers!
(http://www.ishotit.com/upgrade_package.jpg)
Not only is this upgrade package cost effective, but you can actually have the newest back, even before the press release.
It costs me $1.75 to make the stickers, but I will price them accordingly (set of one) at $75.99.
Value Added 24 hour replacement $175.99.
Each set will come with a set of instructions of how to interpolate your current 90mb files to 300mb (photoshop not included) and as a special bonus how to downsize your files back to 27.8 mb when your client requests a 300 ppi full page ad (including bleed).
I'll soon have them out for other brands so if your a Leaf, Sinar ** or Hasselblad*** user you won't be left out.
JR
*prices subject to change
**hy6 stickers 32% higher
***Hasselblad stickers are not compatible with any other brand
-
All this got me thinking and I believe I have a new way to stay current and not have to worry about those time consuming hardware upgrades.
Stickers!
-
ROFL
-
Can I have a custom set please 22mpx on Mondays and Wednesdays, 31mpx on Tuesday and Thursday than 65 mpx for the weekend. Thanks oh and can it be gold lettering
-
Is it just a coincidence that if you extrapolate the new 50mp Kodak chip to a full 645 size you get.....65mp!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206979\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Now that in my book would mean Full Frame 645
-
Can I have a custom set please 22mpx on Mondays and Wednesdays, 31mpx on Tuesday and Thursday than 65 mpx for the weekend. Thanks oh and can it be gold lettering
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=207004\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I'm sorry Guy, but gold requires a software update and will not be available until 2nd quarter 2010.
I guess this is also a good time to announce our new preview system to replace those pesky lcd's.
(http://ishotit.com/polaroid_preview.jpg)
It comes with a used SX 70 and 1 roll of special medium format double stick tape.
JR
-
ROTFLMAO!!!
-
Dear schaubild,
We are not bound to any particular sensor manufacturer.
Best regards,
Thierry
... Sinar ... use Dalsa sensors.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206936\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
Correct, Yevgeny.
Thierry
Sinar is using both Dalsa and Kodak (54H and 54MC)
Yevgeny
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206940\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
I'm sorry Guy, but gold requires a software update and will not be available until 2nd quarter 2010.
I guess this is also a good time to announce our new preview system to replace those pesky lcd's.
(http://ishotit.com/polaroid_preview.jpg)
It comes with a used SX 70 and 1 roll of special medium format double stick tape.
JR
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=207011\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
cool! a major improvement over my aptus lcd - or is this a closed plattform solution for phaseone owners?
-
cool! a major improvement over my aptus lcd - or is this a closed plattform solution for phaseone owners?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=207021\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Kipling,
This is an open system that is cross compatible, except it may not be used with cameras that do not have the correct color scheme, which means it is an open/closed system.
Please do not confuse the issue.
Phase and Leaf is black (Leaf slightly less black), Sinar has that beautiful Amana Refridgerator Blue and Hasselblad, you guessed it, Silver and Platinum.
Though it may look like the same system any attempt to use the blue preview system with the black capture device will not work.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
(http://ishotit.com/polaroid_system.jpg)
-
James, did you again forgot that Sinar proposes an adapter system for any needs, e.g. to adapt the black capture device to the blue preview, and vice-versa?
Thierry
Kipling,
This is an open system that is cross compatible, except it may not be used with cameras that do not have the correct color scheme, which means it is an open/closed system.
Please do not confuse the issue.
Phase and Leaf is black (Leaf slightly less black), Sinar has that beautiful Amana Refridgerator Blue and Hasselblad, you guessed it, Silver and Platinum.
Though it may look like the same system any attempt to use the blue preview system with the black capture device will not work.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
(http://ishotit.com/polaroid_system.jpg)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=207027\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
James, did you again forgot that Sinar proposes an adapter system for any needs, e.g. to adapt the black capture device to the blue preview, and vice-versa?
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=207028\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry, Thierry, Thierry,
Please do not confuse the issue.
I am only here to set the record straight and can not let confusion get in the way of my confusion.
I've tried to keep this system as simple as possible. The Blue system works only with the blue capture devices and the films that come in the blue box will only fit in the blue system, (unless you can't find them, then you can use the black films in the blue system, but once again only with the blue capture device.
It's not about me, it's about the end user's experience.
Clarity . . . please.
JR
P.S. We will have special film to digital to film, blue, platinum and black seminars in your city soon.
Watch this space for details.
-
James,
Life, and photography in particular, isn't that easy and simple. If it wouldn't be confusing there would be no fun.
Thierry
Thierry, Thierry, Thierry,
Please do not confuse the issue.
I've tried to keep this system as simple as possible.
Clarity . . . please.
JR
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=207032\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
P.S. We will have special film to digital to film, blue, platinum and black seminars in your city soon.
Watch this space for details.
James. You forgot your logo!
-
Kipling,
This is an open system that is cross compatible, except it may not be used with cameras that do not have the correct color scheme, which means it is an open/closed system.
Please do not confuse the issue.
Phase and Leaf is black (Leaf slightly less black), Sinar has that beautiful Amana Refridgerator Blue and Hasselblad, you guessed it, Silver and Platinum.
Though it may look like the same system any attempt to use the blue preview system with the black capture device will not work.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
(http://ishotit.com/polaroid_system.jpg)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=207027\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
okay,
is this open closed system completely wireless, allowing the preview device immediately to be thrown across a room to an art director, while he's drinking a latte? or does it need to be rubbed on the body of an assistant for 60 seconds first.
and if so, will the assistant have to be wearing the correct color scheme to activate the preview device...or is there a firmware fix for incorrectly color schemed assistants?
-
Gidday,
The story I got was the new Phase 60 mpx chip MIGHT not be a Kodak chip.
Cheers
Simon
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206942\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Similar story here!!!
-
Thierry, Thierry, Thierry,
Please do not confuse the issue.
I am only here to set the record straight and can not let confusion get in the way of my confusion.
I've tried to keep this system as simple as possible. The Blue system works only with the blue capture devices and the films that come in the blue box will only fit in the blue system, (unless you can't find them, then you can use the black films in the blue system, but once again only with the blue capture device.
It's not about me, it's about the end user's experience.
Clarity . . . please.
JR
P.S. We will have special film to digital to film, blue, platinum and black seminars in your city soon.
Watch this space for details.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=207032\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Haven't spoken to you in a while Mr. Russell.
Glad to see that you haven't lost your twisted sense of humor.
I would like to order the Contax Texas Beef BBQ version please.
-
All this got me thinking and I believe I have a new way to stay current and not have to worry about those time consuming hardware upgrades.
Stickers!
he he he he he he he he he
-
okay,
is this open closed system completely wireless, allowing the preview device immediately to be thrown across a room to an art director, while he's drinking a latte? or does it need to be rubbed on the body of an assistant for 60 seconds first.
and if so, will the assistant have to be wearing the correct color scheme to activate the preview device...or is there a firmware fix for incorrectly color schemed assistants?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=207036\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yes, it's wireless, and doesn't need batteries either. Think laundry chute!
And Sinar will make adapters for any color except blue. An adapter set will look something like a Macbeth ColorChecker, with all the blue squares blanked out. You simply peel off the color you want and stick it on the assistant's back! Rumors of PhaseOne coming out with a blue adapter will continue to crop up on the forum every three months.
Cheers,
Kumar
-
See James, I told you, life isn't that simple!
Thierry
And Sinar will make adapters for any color except blue. An adapter set will look something like a Macbeth ColorChecker, with all the blue squares blanked out. You simply peel off the color you want and stick it on the assistant's back!
Cheers,
Kumar
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=207048\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
Mine is brown
can I get a black upgrade?
Kipling,
This is an open system that is cross compatible, except it may not be used with cameras that do not have the correct color scheme, which means it is an open/closed system.
Please do not confuse the issue.
Phase and Leaf is black (Leaf slightly less black), Sinar has that beautiful Amana Refridgerator Blue and Hasselblad, you guessed it, Silver and Platinum.
Though it may look like the same system any attempt to use the blue preview system with the black capture device will not work.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
(http://ishotit.com/polaroid_system.jpg)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=207027\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
i thought this is a serious forum, not a platform for mediocre jokes.
peter
Mine is brown
can I get a black upgrade?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=207082\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
Yes, this is seriously funny!!
-
See James, I told you, life isn't that simple!
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=207050\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It should be.
I was having some fun with all of this but now to be semi-serious.
I wrote earlier about a friend of mine that loves his Contax and went into a store to buy a digital back, cash in hand. He doesn't want a new camera, (he can afford it . . . just doesn't want it).
He wants to buy a back, snap it on his contax and take some pictures and wants to buy it today, not wait 3 weeks. He wants to process in photoshop because he understands photoshop, he wants the colors and the texture to look like film without a hundred different corrections.
He wants the lcd to look as good as his wife's 5D, he wants the back to be useable on other cameras if he choses to buy something new.
This friend of mine is the perfect representative of a huge market of advanced semi professional photographers that want's it easier, not harder and want a way to justify a $18,000 to $24,000 expenditure.
In other words simple.
JR
P.S. I'd like to add that as much as I think this is overly complicated, I am amazed that everytime I push the button I get the equivelent of a drum scanned image.
That is just magic.
-
Glad to see that you haven't lost your twisted sense of humor.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=207041\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Dave,
I guess that's the part I always missed.
I never thought it was twisted, just normal.
JR
-
i thought this is a serious forum, not a platform for mediocre jokes.
peter
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=207087\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I hope you give yourself some room in your day to have a little bit of fun...
We do.
-
What is the size of the sensel in the new Kodak 50MP chip?
This is the way things are for the Phase family. I have a back with size 9, so, if I get 50MP with much less sensel size will I be upgrading or downgrading?
P 45 6.8 x 6.8
P 25 9 x 9
P 30 6.8 x 6.8
P 21 9 x 9
P 20 9 x 9
-
James,
Your humor is getting as good, as if not better, than your images.
We're all in pain from laughing too hard.
You might have a chance at a new career in impro.
Are you a multi-talented individual, or is this is the midlife crisis ?
Edmund
All this got me thinking and I believe I have a new way to stay current and not have to worry about those time consuming hardware upgrades.
Stickers!
(http://www.ishotit.com/upgrade_package.jpg)
Not only is this upgrade package cost effective, but you can actually have the newest back, even before the press release.
It costs me $1.75 to make the stickers, but I will price them accordingly (set of one) at $75.99.
Value Added 24 hour replacement $175.99.
Each set will come with a set of instructions of how to interpolate your current 90mb files to 300mb (photoshop not included) and as a special bonus how to downsize your files back to 27.8 mb when your client requests a 300 ppi full page ad (including bleed).
I'll soon have them out for other brands so if your a Leaf, Sinar ** or Hasselblad*** user you won't be left out.
JR
*prices subject to change
**hy6 stickers 32% higher
***Hasselblad stickers are not compatible with any other brand
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206997\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
James,
Your humor is getting as good, as if not better, than your images.
We're all in pain from laughing too hard.
You might have a chance at a new career in impro.
Are you a multi-talented individual, or is this is the midlife crisis ?
Edmund
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=207173\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thank You.
That's why I just do one show a night.
Drive safely.
JR
-
Question is what will be the premium for the extra 10% real estate.
-
I haven't seen it mentioned on this thread but the Phase back will be a Dalsa Chip!
@James - very funny, but will the hasselblad stickers be entirely manufactured by a third party?
-
I haven't seen it mentioned on this thread but the Phase back will be a Dalsa Chip!
@James - very funny, but will the hasselblad stickers be entirely manufactured by a third party?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=208544\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Well, let me clarify the obvious, just to be clear.
Hasselblad H-1, H-2 upgrade stickers are made by a third party and are an open platform.
There will be no H3 stickers except for the H3 F. All H3 F stickers must have a string from the sticker to the lens.*
JR
*String Sold Seperately
-
ah, yes, I heard about your H3D stickers last week - slightly smaller than the phase stickers but enough to get the job done. I just forgot about them because it was completely overshadowed by news of your new phase stickers this week.