Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Frank Doorhof on July 09, 2008, 06:41:07 pm

Title: Leaf Capture preventing firmware upgrade
Post by: Frank Doorhof on July 09, 2008, 06:41:07 pm
I know there is a trick, but I somehow lost it from the forum.

I will be running Leaf capture from a Macbook pro and from our PC in the studio.
I THINK (have to try tomorrow) that the mac version will update the firmware.
When I connect back to the pc it will try to do the same.

I read that you can disconnect that feature, it was an easy removing or renaming of a file, but I can't find it anymore.....

Any one ?
Title: Leaf Capture preventing firmware upgrade
Post by: snickgrr on July 09, 2008, 06:48:43 pm
I've never heard of that.  You would think the firmware would have to be correct for whatever platform you're using at time.

It only takes a couple minutes anyway to switch.
Title: Leaf Capture preventing firmware upgrade
Post by: jing q on July 10, 2008, 12:58:33 am
Quote
I know there is a trick, but I somehow lost it from the forum.

I will be running Leaf capture from a Macbook pro and from our PC in the studio.
I THINK (have to try tomorrow) that the mac version will update the firmware.
When I connect back to the pc it will try to do the same.

I read that you can disconnect that feature, it was an easy removing or renaming of a file, but I can't find it anymore.....

Any one ?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206809\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

when I connect my aptus to the Macbook pro the firmware gets updated to work with the Macbook pro
when I connect it to my PC it needs to update the firmware again.
Takes a few moments but no biggie.

BTW do you find that the Leaf Capture 11 beta for Windows is quite unstable, and not very fast in loading the images?

(update = change)
Title: Leaf Capture preventing firmware upgrade
Post by: pixjohn on July 10, 2008, 01:20:00 am
I know on the Mac you can place the same firmware in each program. Maybe try putting the firmware from the mac into the windows version. This is a guess, so try it at your own risk.
Title: Leaf Capture preventing firmware upgrade
Post by: Frank Doorhof on July 10, 2008, 02:37:21 am
I have had no problems with the windows version to be honest, it runs very stable and fast.
Title: Leaf Capture preventing firmware upgrade
Post by: Dustbak on July 10, 2008, 03:18:03 am
Delete the firmware file and you will be fine. It will not be updating. Let me check which file (extention), it has been a while I used Leaf.

Found it. Delete the .upd files (go figure. UPDate )
Title: Leaf Capture preventing firmware upgrade
Post by: Frank Doorhof on July 10, 2008, 04:35:43 am
That was it indeed, thanks I remember now