Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Timo Löfgren on June 26, 2008, 12:09:50 pm

Title: The river
Post by: Timo Löfgren on June 26, 2008, 12:09:50 pm
.......
Title: The river
Post by: popnfresh on June 27, 2008, 02:55:59 pm
There's a better shot hiding inside your photo, but something is getting in the way. All that stuff in the bottom right takes away from the composition, in my opinion.

I prefer this crop:

(http://i.pbase.com/o4/68/20668/1/99321150.aYanqdx1.icy_pond_alt.jpg)
Title: The river
Post by: berbig on June 29, 2008, 03:05:39 am
I think the picture is just beautiful. Well done :-)

Bernt
Title: The river
Post by: photojack on July 12, 2008, 09:54:57 am
Hey Timo, Nice shot. A more cropped shot down to the level of the snow mound (just above it) on the left hand side gives the image a more serene feel for me.
Title: The river
Post by: Colorwave on July 12, 2008, 12:14:48 pm
Here's another vote for it being a very nice shot, but stronger with a crop at the bottom that looses the snow mound on the left.  It doesn't add anything for me, and I prefer the darker corner and more open entry to the shot for the eye, with the dark water at the bottom of the shot.
-Ron H.
Title: The river
Post by: erictoddjohnson on July 28, 2008, 05:51:06 pm
I think it's a great shot - I really like the delicate texture of the snow-covered trees in the backgrouns.  The only thing that bothers me is the bright area of sky on the upper left side that tends to pull my eye out of the frame.  I think that if you could darken that area it would be a stronger image.  

Eric
Title: The river
Post by: peteh on July 28, 2008, 08:31:37 pm
Quote
I think it's a great shot - I really like the delicate texture of the snow-covered trees in the backgrouns.  The only thing that bothers me is the bright area of sky on the upper left side that tends to pull my eye out of the frame.  I think that if you could darken that area it would be a stronger image.   

Eric
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=211241\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The shot is sweet! Maybe burn the upper left corner a wee bit.