Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Digital Cameras & Shooting Techniques => Topic started by: markgoldstein on June 24, 2008, 04:47:06 am

Title: Ricoh GX200
Post by: markgoldstein on June 24, 2008, 04:47:06 am
The new Ricoh GX200 has just been announced - 12 megapixels, 5fps continuous RAW, new image processing engine.

Full story:
http://www.photographyblog.com/index.php/w...ts/ricoh_gx200/ (http://www.photographyblog.com/index.php/weblog/comments/ricoh_gx200/)

Sample photos:
http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews_ricoh_gx200_3.php (http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews_ricoh_gx200_3.php)
Title: Ricoh GX200
Post by: BernardLanguillier on June 24, 2008, 06:32:51 am
Great, even more MPx!

I opened one of the .dng files in Lightroom and the result was not too bad, probably very hard to distinguish from the GX100 though.

The only aspect that was significantly enhanced is the RAW buffer, a clear sign that Ricoh is listening to its customers.

I would not upgrade my GX100, but this camera clearly re-inforces the pole position of Ricoh in high end compacts.

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Ricoh GX200
Post by: sojournerphoto on June 24, 2008, 07:37:51 am
Quote
Great, even more MPx!

I opened one of the .dng files in Lightroom and the result was not too bad, probably very hard to distinguish from the GX100 though.

The only aspect that was significantly enhanced is the RAW buffer, a clear sign that Ricoh is listening to its customers.

I would not upgrade my GX100, but this camera clearly re-inforces the pole position of Ricoh in high end compacts.

Cheers,
Bernard
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=203314\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


The improved raw buffer is excellent news. Just what the doctor ordered. Like you though, I'm not ready to spend on the upgrade yet (thuogh it's as quick as a 1Ds3 frame to frame!!

Mike
Title: Ricoh GX200
Post by: Prognathous on June 26, 2008, 09:26:57 pm
It's a 5 frame buffer, but frame-rate is about 2 fps (at least according to photographyblog.com review).

Prog.