Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: BruceHouston on June 23, 2008, 03:03:32 pm

Title: Missing LL Forum Pages
Post by: BruceHouston on June 23, 2008, 03:03:32 pm
Hi All,

Embarrassingly enough, it appears that I have not learned all of the in's and out's of this board, or perhaps there is a problem with the board.

(1) At this moment, under "View New Posts," the second page shows a topic "New Epson Printers," showing three pages with the last post by "Onsight" today (June 23, 2008) at 11:06 am (I am on Central Daylight time zone).  However, if I click on page 3 it takes me to page 1 of the "New Epson Printers" topic.  At the bottom of pg. 1 of the topic it shows that the topic has only two pages; and the only entries for forum member "Onsight" are dated May 1.  It thus appears that there are more recent posts than those that I can make appear on my forum presentation screens.  What gives here?

(2) When viewing a multi-screen (multi-page) topic, I click on a particular page to see posts on that page.  Then I click on a particular post to see that particular post.  However, after viewing that particular post and scrolling down to the index, I find that the index has reverted to page 1.  This forces me to again select the page of interest to see the posts on that page.  Is there some "preference" setting that will keep my page selection active when I click on a post, rather than reverting me to page 1 each time?  Of course, one solution would be to select a very large page setting so that I never have to deal with more than one page.  However, the largest possible page setting in "preferences" appears to be 40 posts.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Bruce
Title: Missing LL Forum Pages
Post by: Mort54 on June 23, 2008, 03:37:50 pm
It's working correctly for me, so it doesn't appear to be the forum that's causing the problem. Could it be a browser cache problem, perhaps?

Quote
Hi All,

Embarrassingly enough, it appears that I have not learned all of the in's and out's of this board, or perhaps there is a problem with the board.

(1) At this moment, under "View New Posts," the second page shows a topic "New Epson Printers," showing three pages with the last post by "Onsight" today (June 23, 2008) at 11:06 am (I am on Central Daylight time zone).  However, if I click on page 3 it takes me to page 1 of the "New Epson Printers" topic.  At the bottom of pg. 1 of the topic it shows that the topic has only two pages; and the only entries for forum member "Onsight" are dated May 1.  It thus appears that there are more recent posts than those that I can make appear on my forum presentation screens.  What gives here?

(2) When viewing a multi-screen (multi-page) topic, I click on a particular page to see posts on that page.  Then I click on a particular post to see that particular post.  However, after viewing that particular post and scrolling down to the index, I find that the index has reverted to page 1.  This forces me to again select the page of interest to see the posts on that page.  Is there some "preference" setting that will keep my page selection active when I click on a post, rather than reverting me to page 1 each time?  Of course, one solution would be to select a very large page setting so that I never have to deal with more than one page.  However, the largest possible page setting in "preferences" appears to be 40 posts.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Bruce
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=203159\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Title: Missing LL Forum Pages
Post by: BruceHouston on June 23, 2008, 07:33:40 pm
Could be a browser cache problem I suppose; not sure what special setttings might be required for IE 7.0 under XP Pro.

Do you see three pages under the mentioned topic?  Do you see a post by Ernst Dinkla this afternoon on page 3 of the thread?

The last post that I can see for the thread is on page 2, by Ernst Dinkla on June 13th, late afternoon U.S. Central time.  It is clear from the index that this thread has proceeded since then.

Michael Reichmann, do you have any suggestions, or have you heard of this problem before?  I am particularly bummed out about missing the progression of the "new Epson printers" thread.

Thanks,
Bruce
Title: Missing LL Forum Pages
Post by: Mort54 on June 23, 2008, 09:40:32 pm
Quote
Could be a browser cache problem I suppose; not sure what special setttings might be required for IE 7.0 under XP Pro.

Do you see three pages under the mentioned topic?  Do you see a post by Ernst Dinkla this afternoon on page 3 of the thread?

The last post that I can see for the thread is on page 2, by Ernst Dinkla on June 13th, late afternoon U.S. Central time.  It is clear from the index that this thread has proceeded since then.

Michael Reichmann, do you have any suggestions, or have you heard of this problem before?  I am particularly bummed out about missing the progression of the "new Epson printers" thread.
Bruce, I see 6 pages. The last post on page 3 is from Nill Toulme. The last post on page 6 is from Ernst Dinkla, dated today.
Title: Missing LL Forum Pages
Post by: BruceHouston on June 24, 2008, 12:47:09 am
Ok; thanks Mort.  I am now more than satisfied that something is wrong with my system vis a vis the LL forums site.  Very strange, because I am not aware of any other browser problems, or my browser having problems with any other site.  On the other hand, I do not regularly participate in forums other than LL.

Not sure where to begin to find the problem.  If anyone has seen this before (problem statement above) or has a clue, please advise.

Thanks,
Bruce
Title: Missing LL Forum Pages
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 24, 2008, 09:05:54 am
You might try downloading and trying a different (free) browser, such as Firefox or Opera. They both work fine on the LL forum for me. And I frequently have to use a different browser for certain web pages that just don't seem to behave right on one particular browser.
Title: Missing LL Forum Pages
Post by: Mort54 on June 24, 2008, 09:39:13 am
Quote
Not sure where to begin to find the problem.  If anyone has seen this before (problem statement above) or has a clue, please advise.
Hi Bruce. You might try purging your cookies    and cache files. In IE, go to the tools menu and select "Internet Options....". Then in the middle of the popup, click on "Delete Cookies" and then "Delete Files". Don't know if this will help, but it's worth a try.
Title: Missing LL Forum Pages
Post by: BruceHouston on June 24, 2008, 08:54:42 pm
Quote
Hi Bruce. You might try purging your cookies    and cache files. In IE, go to the tools menu and select "Internet Options....". Then in the middle of the popup, click on "Delete Cookies" and then "Delete Files". Don't know if this will help, but it's worth a try.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=203341\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, I would not have believed it!  Deleting cookies did the trick; I now see the six pages of the thread "New Epson Printers."

Thanks guys!
Bruce