Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: PhotoBoy on June 23, 2008, 01:15:13 pm

Title: photo kit sharpener
Post by: PhotoBoy on June 23, 2008, 01:15:13 pm
Hi guys,

first of all: hello everyone. After beeing a passive member since a while I do my first post in this forum.

Back to the topic. I tried the photokit sharpening tool. And as I see for now its a realy great sharpening tool.

I wonder how you sharpe gray scale images... Which workflow would you recommened?

a) do the black and white conversion in ACR load the image in CS3  switch back to RGB Color Mode and do the sharpening.

or

b ) load the image at first in cs3 do the sharpening and after that convert it to BW with the CS3 tool.

Is there a difference in the quality of the image that results in this alternative processes?

Thanks for your answers in advance
Title: photo kit sharpener
Post by: Alexis Alvarez on June 23, 2008, 06:41:41 pm
The votes have been for the choice to "load the image at first in cs3 do the sharpening and after that convert it to BW with the CS3 tool."


Can someone explain why?
aa
Title: photo kit sharpener
Post by: BernardLanguillier on June 24, 2008, 06:56:58 am
I believe that this has not much to do with sharpening.

Most people prefer to convert to B&W in PS because:

1. It is a reversible process when done using adjustement layers (you would have to use smart objects to make this reversible with ACR)

2. You are a lot of freedom regarding the way the image is converted to B&W and can modify this any time you want throughout the process.

Regards,
Bernard