Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: E Slagle on June 23, 2008, 12:02:39 pm

Title: New Color Management Forum...?
Post by: E Slagle on June 23, 2008, 12:02:39 pm
To MR and Chris:

Perhaps this has been asked before but it would be great to a have a forum solely dedicated to color management.

Currently, there are a least three different forums where color management issues may arise; often they are discussed in the 'proper' location, but just as often the original post/question invariably becomes linked to a specific device due to its location.

I would love to ask and contribute to C.M. issues that are generally device independent (and dependent when there's no best fit in another forum). This is particularly germane when considering the many color management experts who frequently contribute to LL.

Your consideration will be appreciated, Eric
Title: New Color Management Forum...?
Post by: Christopher Sanderson on June 24, 2008, 05:17:04 pm
This sounds like a reasonable proposal. Could you ask if others in CM threads would like to see the discussions broken out into a separate forum? - and post the 'second the motion' here.
Title: New Color Management Forum...?
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 24, 2008, 08:57:54 pm
I'll second that.

I remember well the agony I went through for a year or more after I first heard the phrase "color mangement". Funny thing is I never had to worry about that in the wet, Black-and-White darkroom.

And with all the changes in printer and display technology, it would be nice to have all the best info in one place.

-Eric
Title: New Color Management Forum...?
Post by: Josh-H on June 24, 2008, 09:56:50 pm
Sounds like a good idea to me as well - especially if its possible to search and move all the previous CM posts into the new forum.
Title: New Color Management Forum...?
Post by: Christopher Sanderson on June 25, 2008, 11:29:54 am
OK it's done... I don't see any Admin settings that allow the transfer of existing threads to this new forum (http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showforum=45) but perhaps those interested could post a message at the foot of each to redirect to the new area?
Title: New Color Management Forum...?
Post by: DarkPenguin on June 25, 2008, 12:00:13 pm
Here is a quick suggestion to get clarity as to which forums are for what.

I would suggest we take the following forums ...

  Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear
  Digital Cameras, Backs and Shooting Techniques
  Digital Image Processing
  Medium Format Digital Backs and Photography
  Managing Megabytes

And change them to

  Cameras, Lenses and Shooting Gear
  Shooting Techniques
  Digital Image Processing, Workflow and Storage.
  Medium Format Digital Backs, Photography and Ego Stroking [**]
  Ray [***]

[**] Just kidding guys.  The current name is fine.
[***] I'm sorry, Ray.  I couldn't resist.
Title: New Color Management Forum...?
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 25, 2008, 01:33:41 pm
Excellent suggestions, DP. Especially the footnoted ones.  
Title: New Color Management Forum...?
Post by: KeithR on June 25, 2008, 05:46:11 pm
Quote
OK it's done... I don't see any Admin settings that allow the transfer of existing threads to this new forum (http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showforum=45) but perhaps those interested could post a message at the foot of each to redirect to the new area?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=203592\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The Digital Dog has found a new home!