Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Gurglamei on June 16, 2008, 07:35:37 am
-
I have been using my LR library for som time, moving, adding and deleting images, and I imagine by now the image files are less than optimaly distributed on the hard disk.
Is it safe to defragment the hard disk containing the images, or will this make a total mess of my library?
What does the "optimize" function i LR actually do - does it include defragmenting the image data base?
-
I have been using my LR library for som time, moving, adding and deleting images, and I imagine by now the image files are less than optimaly distributed on the hard disk.
Is it safe to defragment the hard disk containing the images, or will this make a total mess of my library?
What does the "optimize" function i LR actually do - does it include defragmenting the image data base?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=201874\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Using the OS's defrag tool will not cause a problem in your library database file unless you turn your computer off during the defrag.
Someone else will have to answer the "optimize" function question.