Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: creativepro on June 15, 2008, 11:57:48 pm

Title: Photokit Sharpener for Mac
Post by: creativepro on June 15, 2008, 11:57:48 pm
Hullo


Yesterday I downloaded demo of PK Sharpener for my Mac ( running Leopard)
 Had difficulty in installing the demo.

  Eventually dragged the plugin to the Plug-in folder with CS3.  Is this the correct place?   The icon for Photokit Sharpener  seems out of place within the plug-ins which are in individual tidy packages.  ( hope this makes sense)

1.  Where is the best place to install this plug-in within CS3 for Mac?

 2. How best to activate the use  of above plug-in in my workflow from Lightroom to CS3.  I would be grateful if you could provide the steps?

I am a novice in the use of software applications.

thank you


Sue
Title: Photokit Sharpener for Mac
Post by: Andy M on June 16, 2008, 01:46:56 am
Sue, this may help: http://www.pixelgenius.com/downloads/Sharp...-Manual-123.pdf (http://www.pixelgenius.com/downloads/Sharpener-Manual-123.pdf)

I have placed mine in folder: CS3 -> Plug-ins -> Automate

Speaking personally, I do all my editing in Lightroom, turn off (set to zero) all sharpening and noise reduction, then send the image as a 16bit ProPhoto TIFF to CS3.

In CS3 I run Noiseware, then capture sharpen, run colour scripts, then resize and output sharpen.

Hope this helps
Title: Photokit Sharpener for Mac
Post by: Wolfman on June 16, 2008, 01:48:47 am
Quote
Hullo
Yesterday I downloaded demo of PK Sharpener for my Mac ( running Leopard)
 Had difficulty in installing the demo.

  Eventually dragged the plugin to the Plug-in folder with CS3.  Is this the correct place?   The icon for Photokit Sharpener  seems out of place within the plug-ins which are in individual tidy packages.  ( hope this makes sense)

1.  Where is the best place to install this plug-in within CS3 for Mac?

 2. How best to activate the use  of above plug-in in my workflow from Lightroom to CS3.  I would be grateful if you could provide the steps?

I am a novice in the use of software applications.

thank you
Sue
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=201843\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


Follow this path: Adobe Photoshop CS3 app> plugins> Adobe Photoshop only> Automate
That's where the PK Sharpener folder should be placed. Then restart Photoshop.