Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Digital Cameras & Shooting Techniques => Topic started by: mminegis on June 14, 2008, 09:47:07 pm

Title: dust spots
Post by: mminegis on June 14, 2008, 09:47:07 pm
So these 4 dust spots/specks suddenly appeared on my sensor - or so I thought. After cleaning the sensor, and shooting blue sky at f/22, they are NOT on sensor. Yet I see them through my camera's view finder, if I stare at a white wall through it.

I guess I have to live with the sight, as I don't want to send my camera to anywhere.

BUT.... if they are not on sensor, where are they? behind the sensor   ?
Title: dust spots
Post by: Richowens on June 15, 2008, 02:12:33 am
Marie

Have you cleaned the bottom of the focusing screen?

Rich
Title: dust spots
Post by: thierrylegros396 on June 15, 2008, 05:29:24 am
The dust is certainly between the pentaprism and the focus grid plate !!

Most of the Canon "made in China or Taiwan" have such dusty wiewfinder and if not, the dust appears after some times.

And if it appears they are there, don't try to send your camera in a repair center in Europe, each time I try this, the camera came back with more dust      

Live with them      

Thierry
Title: dust spots
Post by: mminegis on June 15, 2008, 01:44:34 pm
'Live with them' - I agree.

Funny, I've been using my camera for more than 2 years now and 3 days in a rain forest (costa rica) did it - not that I complain being there - quite contrary!

I just hope it won't get more than 4  
Title: dust spots
Post by: KeithR on June 15, 2008, 06:01:24 pm
Quote
'Live with them' - I agree.

Funny, I've been using my camera for more than 2 years now and 3 days in a rain forest (costa rica) did it - not that I complain being there - quite contrary!

I just hope it won't get more than 4 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=201754\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's possible that they might be on the mirror. Since you see them through the view finder but not on the image. If they are in the pentaprisim, they shouldn't pose a problem.
Title: dust spots
Post by: mminegis on June 15, 2008, 09:18:04 pm
Yes, Keith, in fact I reduced the number of dusts from 4 to 1, with the mirror DOWN and a blower.

Until they appear somewhere else, that is