Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Digital Cameras & Shooting Techniques => Topic started by: dwdallam on June 13, 2008, 03:48:00 am
-
Anyone have any preference for a wireless remote release, and why?
Thanks again.
-
The amazing thing to me about the wireless remote is that they actually figured out how to make it work without wires! How do they do that? did canon come up with that tech or was it an adaptation from tesla?
the only down side is that you can't do some things with it like you can the wired remote...
like....
tie up your models ( or art directors )
play jump rope ( you could pretend to play jump rope with the wireless one I guess )
look cool while reelling in the wire and wrapping it around your hand while bragging about how big the files are from the 1ds3
hmmm.... what else?
-
The amazing thing to me about the wireless remote is that they actually figured out how to make it work without wires! How do they do that? did canon come up with that tech or was it an adaptation from tesla?
the only down side is that you can't do some things with it like you can the wired remote...
like....
tie up your models ( or art directors )
play jump rope ( you could pretend to play jump rope with the wireless one I guess )
look cool while reelling in the wire and wrapping it around your hand while bragging about how big the files are from the 1ds3
hmmm.... what else?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=201333\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I was actually going to use it for situations where I can't get personally close to living objects, such as birds, in order to get a shot I need.
-
Anyone have any preference for a wireless remote release, and why?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=201310\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I use a Pocket Wizard MultiMax in receive mode, with the necessary cable.
-
I use a Pocket Wizard MultiMax in receive mode, with the necessary cable.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=201540\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
That's an interesting solution.
-
That's an interesting solution.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=201634\")
I've got plenty of MultiMax transceivers for my strobes, so it was more cost effective to simply buy [a href=\"http://www.pocketwizard.com/HTML/camera_cables.asp]the appropriate cable[/url], instead of buying the Canon WFT-E2a or the Canon LC-5 wireless controller.
-
I've got plenty of MultiMax transceivers for my strobes, so it was more cost effective to simply buy the appropriate cable (http://www.pocketwizard.com/HTML/camera_cables.asp), instead of buying the Canon WFT-E2a or the Canon LC-5 wireless controller.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=201701\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I have the STE2.