Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Morgan_Moore on June 12, 2008, 04:51:44 pm
-
Stretching the topic area I know but this is where the people who know are..
I am in my studio now and looking to build a lilttle cove
Firstly what do people think the smallest diameter of foot is useful
(smaller is better for me)
Also to get furthest shooting distance would mean shooting at an agle to it
is this going to be feasable to light or is it a non starter to think of having the main shooting at an angle
The attached image shows one model who could be shot straigt on but I am more thinking about shooting sofas, dining sets whatever that could challenge the space
TIA
SMM
ps I am thinking about HiGlide lighting rig off the roof
-
Stretching the topic area I know but this is where the people who know are..
I am in my studio now and looking to build a lilttle cove
Firstly what do people think the smallest diameter of foot is useful
(smaller is better for me)
Also to get furthest shooting distance would mean shooting at an agle to it
is this going to be feasable to light or is it a non starter to think of having the main shooting at an angle
The attached image shows one model who could be shot straigt on but I am more thinking about shooting sofas, dining sets whatever that could challenge the space
TIA
SMM
ps I am thinking about HiGlide lighting rig off the roof
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=201220\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I would not go less than 36" I had one that was this size, 23' long and 18' high, also if you are doing a corner like the image shows go more than 90 degrees with the leg, also this works best when using normal or wide lenses to get the most from your corner. I have shot on 30 inch coves and on 4 foot.. really nice when it is that big..I think with photoshop it is not as critical as it use to be and I would not build one again..that 3 ft of studio floor would have been useful a few times. But for furniture sets it is nice, if you have the space.. and lights, they eat up both. Make sure you have someone good make it.. I had to get a couple of irish plasters in and skim coat it a many times to take a raking light and make up for the poor studwork, or else you will be spending too much time in post fixing it again and again.
-
Gidday Sam,
Have a look at the link below.
This might do the trick
http://www.procyc.com/home.php (http://www.procyc.com/home.php)
Attached is a pic of the cyclorama I had built in my studio
Cheers
Simon
-
I would not go less than 36" I had one that was this size, 23' long and 18' high, also if you are doing a corner like the image shows go more than 90 degrees with the leg, also this works best when using normal or wide lenses to get the most from your corner. I have shot on 30 inch coves and on 4 foot.. really nice when it is that big..I think with photoshop it is not as critical as it use to be and I would not build one again..that 3 ft of studio floor would have been useful a few times. But for furniture sets it is nice, if you have the space.. and lights, they eat up both. Make sure you have someone good make it.. I had to get a couple of irish plasters in and skim coat it a many times to take a raking light and make up for the poor studwork, or else you will be spending too much time in post fixing it again and again.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=201280\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thank for replies - interesting link
what do you mean by going more than 90 degrees with the corner
do you mean make the angle like 120 degrees to lessen the depth of the corner ..
S
-
I had to get a couple of irish plasterers in ...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=201280\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It's funny how the tradesmen who learned their trade here are so good, compared with tradesmen from other countries. With the downturn in building and construction here, we're doing a roaring trade in exporting them!
Simon Harper's egg cyc looks impressive; I'm still trying to figure just how he mounted his lights inside the cyc. Perhaps mounted behind diffuser screens, flush with the interior surface?
Any info would be appreciated Simon!
-
Thank for replies - interesting link
what do you mean by going more than 90 degrees with the corner
do you mean make the angle like 120 degrees to lessen the depth of the corner ..
S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=201302\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
yes.
your diagram shows the corner being greater than a 90.. I didn't notice before.
the procyc looks great, I think sirnarbron here in the US use to distribute them or something akin.
5 ft. very nice.
-
yes.
your diagram shows the corner being greater than a 90.. I didn't notice before.
the procyc looks great, I think sirnarbron here in the US use to distribute them or something akin.
5 ft. very nice.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=201332\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
the second diagram is different from the first with a greater angle
S
-
Here is a modular system from Infinity Wall System Custom Cycs. You can contact Rick Bostick to get more information if you like. [email protected]
[attachment=7033:attachment]
[attachment=7034:attachment]
Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
[email protected]
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer of the Year (http://www.captureintegration.com)
877-217-9870 | National Atlanta / Miami
404-234-5195 | Cell
Sign up for our Newsletter (http://visitor.constantcontact.com/email.jsp?m=1101868815210&p=oi) | Read Our Latest Newsletter (http://www.captureintegration.com/our-company/newsletters/)
-
It's funny how the tradesmen who learned their trade here are so good, compared with tradesmen from other countries. With the downturn in building and construction here, we're doing a roaring trade in exporting them!
Simon Harper's egg cyc looks impressive; I'm still trying to figure just how he mounted his lights inside the cyc. Perhaps mounted behind diffuser screens, flush with the interior surface?
Any info would be appreciated Simon!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=201307\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[/quo
Gidday Jon,
When I took the shot of my egg cyclorama to promote my new studio I actually Photoshoped out the 2 lights which were on stands as I found them distracting.
Cheers
Simon
-
Gidday Jon,
When I took the shot of my egg cyclorama to promote my new studio I actually Photoshoped out the 2 lights which were on stands as I found them distracting.
Cheers
Simon
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=201436\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Ha ha! I wondered! Still likeit a lot though.
Thanks