Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: situgrrl on June 10, 2008, 02:45:23 pm

Title: Still/video convergence
Post by: situgrrl on June 10, 2008, 02:45:23 pm
http://blog.wired.com/defense/2008/06/annaliza-savage.html (http://blog.wired.com/defense/2008/06/annaliza-savage.html)

I thought this would interest some of you.  It seems to follow in the footsteps of James Nacheway's War Photographer.  Both were of huge interest for me - but I am fascinated by photojournalism and war.  I wonder how the artform might interest my mum however since (in this instance) it neither provides news, nor entertainment (except to photographers - a niche market).  Does it stand as art in it's own right?  I think it does - but it's market to me is illusive - I don't see galleries queuing to exhibit.
Title: Still/video convergence
Post by: dalethorn on June 10, 2008, 08:59:11 pm
The last time I went to the South Coast Plaza mall in Costa Mesa Calif., there was an art gallery there with a number of computer screens running experimental videos by local artists.  I don't think the exhibit was temporary, and I don't remember who was behind the gallery, but I believe it was non-commercial.  A good place to investigate the possibilities.