Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: eronald on May 31, 2008, 12:44:41 am
-
Richard Agudelo and I did some quick portrait tests with P45/Hassy (his) & P45+/Mammy (mine).
Results were pretty much as expected, the Hassy lenses are perceptibly sharper, but the Mamiya still gets the job done nicely. I can post Raw files if anyone is interested.
I guess anyone who really needs fine detail regularly (products, architecture, landscape) might as well go for Hassy.
Another interesting result of the test is that the custom profiles (PortraMedSat) I made up last year really do improve the color, but Richard convinced me that I need a version without exposure pop.
Edmund
-
I am interested. I would love to see the files and hear your comments too.
I used to try Mamiya AF645 VS Hasselblad H. before I go for H.
Autofocus on H is much accurate 9 out of 10.
Mamiya is 5/5. Dunno why?
kitty
-
the way you present your findings is a bit bold. which lenses? fuji or zeiss? what settings? and images to back up your findings would be great too!
-
Edmund,
Why would you choose to do architecture etc with MF, if you have a large format view camera available? Want to compare the Hassy lenses with Schneider or Rodenstock?
As Kirk Gittings has pointed out a number of times, he can do a range of shots with 35mm (5D, I believe) that satisfy picture editors of some fairly prestigious journals.
It seems to me that you need to present the evidence a little better, and not extrapolate too much from the actual subject matter you shot when making assertions like this. I suppose that's the scientist in me coming out :-)
Anyway, no big deal, don't mean to offend, or anything, and it is good to have a comparison, even if at this point it seems a little subjective! ;-)
Thanks
-
Yes we'd like to see the raw files or 100% crops with same raw conversion software settings and camera variables(fstop shutter time iso etc)
Thanks for your effort~
Richard Agudelo and I did some quick portrait tests with P45/Hassy (his) & P45+/Mammy (mine).
Results were pretty much as expected, the Hassy lenses are perceptibly sharper, but the Mamiya still gets the job done nicely. I can post Raw files if anyone is interested.
I guess anyone who really needs fine detail regularly (products, architecture, landscape) might as well go for Hassy.
Another interesting result of the test is that the custom profiles (PortraMedSat) I made up last year really do improve the color, but Richard convinced me that I need a version without exposure pop.
Edmund
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=199068\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
Hi!
Can you please tell us what lenses were used?
Could it be any difference between the 45 and the 45+ backs?
Henrik
-
Hi!
Can you please tell us what lenses were used?
Could it be any difference between the 45 and the 45+ backs?
Henrik
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=199134\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yes, I agree - what lenses are talking about here? The older Mamiya lenses were "OK" - the newer lenses, such as the 75-150, would be hard to beat. Fill us in !
Bill
-
Hassy H? V? Which lenses? Which Mamiya lenses?
RAW files would be awesome!
PS,
The new Mamiya lenses (150 2.8, 120D macro) are going to be tough to beat, and should be great performers.