Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: sidfrisby on May 29, 2008, 11:38:20 am

Title: External editor problem?
Post by: sidfrisby on May 29, 2008, 11:38:20 am
Hi all

I have also posted this on LR2 forum without result yet.

I have just started to try LR2.0 and am very pleased with the changes especially the speed improvement. I have come across one thing that is different to LR 1.4 and need some advice. In 1.4 after editing in external editor the resulting tiff was incorporated in the LR database and was available in the library. In 2.0 I now have to go to the source folder and import the tiff. Is this by design or is there some thing I need to do to achieve the same result as 1.4?

I am running Windows Vista with 2G ram.

Best wishes

Sid Frisby
Title: External editor problem?
Post by: Richowens on May 29, 2008, 03:38:07 pm
Sid,

 Here is my response to your post on the 2.0Beta Forum

Hi Sid,
The behavior has not changed between 1.4 and 2.0. With the photo selected I hit CTRL-E and the program writes a copy into the catalogue and opens it in PS. When I am done with my PS edits I close the photo and choose to save the changes made. The changes then show up on the copy in LR. I do choose "Edit a copy with LR changes" in the "Edit In Photoshop" dialogue that opens.

HTH

Rich
Title: External editor problem?
Post by: francofit on May 31, 2008, 02:16:15 am
Quote
Hi all

I have also posted this on LR2 forum without result yet.

I have just started to try LR2.0 and am very pleased with the changes especially the speed improvement. I have come across one thing that is different to LR 1.4 and need some advice. In 1.4 after editing in external editor the resulting tiff was incorporated in the LR database and was available in the library. In 2.0 I now have to go to the source folder and import the tiff. Is this by design or is there some thing I need to do to achieve the same result as 1.4?

I am running Windows Vista with 2G ram.

Best wishes

Sid Frisby
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198761\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

May be... may be you have come across one of the known issues documented in "lightroom2_b1_releasenotes.pdf" which will be corrected in the final 2.0 release, like this one:
<< Open in Photoshop CS3 as a smart object will not save the file back into Lightroom automatically >>.