Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: dustblue on May 28, 2008, 03:03:24 pm

Title: Do you ever experienced the light meter problem?
Post by: dustblue on May 28, 2008, 03:03:24 pm
I use a sekonic L558 for metering. Recently I found that when metering hybrid light, especailly in the mid-noon sun, and if the flash light is weak(typically 1 or 2 stops weaker than the sun), the flash meter may fail to work. At first I thought it was because battery down, but changing to fresh battery didn't solve it. So is that a problem of my meter or is that a problem of sekonic? or even a problem of all flash meters?

I rarely set flash light weaker than sunlight so I didn't find this problem before. But recently this problem annoys me, especially when I shoot film. I don't want to be banned by equips.

Do you guys ever encountered this problem?