Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Paul2660 on May 27, 2008, 06:01:25 pm

Title: Question on Beattie Screens
Post by: Paul2660 on May 27, 2008, 06:01:25 pm
I am looking for a screen split image style for the Mamiya 645 AFDII.  On Beattie's site, they never show AFDII, but they have these screens.  

http://www.display-optics.com/products_med...rmat_mamiya.htm (http://www.display-optics.com/products_medium-format_mamiya.htm)
 
Do other think that the 83344 will fit the 645 AFDII?

Thanks
Paul C
Title: Question on Beattie Screens
Post by: Jack Varney on May 27, 2008, 11:47:56 pm
No, the screens for the Super and Pro cameras are very different from the 645 AFD, II and III series camreas. Neither Mamiya, Beattie or Brightscreen make a split-image screen for the AFD series. It may be that since the screens are quite thin, compared to the much thicker glass screens on the M645 cameras, that a split-image type is not pratical.

Before I gave up I would check with Maxwell Precision Optics. Try this link to contact them - http://www.mattclara.com/maxwell/index.html (http://www.mattclara.com/maxwell/index.html)  - I understand that they do custom screens.
Title: Question on Beattie Screens
Post by: Paul2660 on May 28, 2008, 08:22:57 am
Thanks for the answer, as these are special order, I didn't want to get one that wouldn't work.

Paul C
Title: Question on Beattie Screens
Post by: Paul2660 on May 28, 2008, 10:36:47 am
Since I posted this, I found a older post in regards to replacing the screens on a AFDII and possibly having to have Mamiya recalibrate the focus.  Coming from the world of 35mm I find that hard to believe especially since Mamiya makes interchangeable screens for the AFDII.  

What are the experiences of others in regards to swapping out the screens, and maintaining focus/or having to have the camera recalibrated for the new screen.

Paul C