Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: xinchenc on May 26, 2008, 12:35:54 pm
-
Leaf Afi's document shows a cable switch. I even bought a Rollei RC-120 cable switch before my receiving Leaf Afi7. But finally, I find out there is no jack to connect the cable swith.
Could if be that Leaf will produce a cable switch via the built-in USB socket?
-
I have been wondering about this. Anyway there was some news posted about this in the 'Rolleiflex Hy6' thread a few days ago (hope I got the name right)
-
Wish you had been reading this forum:
http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....ndpost&p=196872 (http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20053&view=findpost&p=196872)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198085\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I tried to point him in that direction...
It does seem that there is an error in the manual though. The labels for the update socket and the flash socket seem to be reversed:
(http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/picture1_copy3.jpg)
I assume the update socket is also used for computer control and the remote control?
-
I tried to point him in that direction...
It does seem that there is an error in the manual though. The labels for the update socket and the flash socket seem to be reversed:
(http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/picture1_copy3.jpg)
I assume the update socket is also used for computer control and the remote control?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198086\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The above image doesn't seem to be taken from the AFi maunal if I'm not mistaken.
The one on the left is in fact the cable release socket (the cable is not available yet).
Firmware updates are performed via the FireWire 800 socket in the AFi imaging module.
There is a USB socket at the front of the handgrip that is used buy F&H during the assembly of the camera but is not supposed to be used by the customer.
Yair
-
Correct, it is taken from the Sinar PDF manual. (I don't have a Hy6 so I don't have a printed copy).
-
Deleted, wrong thread.
-
The mini-USB socket on the handgrip is indeed to perform Hy6 firmware updates and can be used by the customer, concerning the Sinar Hy6.
Best regards,
Thierry
There is a USB socket at the front of the handgrip that is used buy F&H during the assembly of the camera but is not supposed to be used by the customer.
Yair
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198094\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
The mini-USB socket on the handgrip is indeed to perform Hy6 firmware updates and can be used by the customer, concerning the Sinar Hy6.
Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198239\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Surely you have noticed that the title of this thread is about the Leaf AFi? The OP uses an AFi and therefore I think that any information given should be referring to the AFi to avoid unnecessary confusion.
Thanks for your understanding
Yair
-
Surely I did, Yair.
Many threads do switch their initial intend and get other information being given in it. I have written clearly that I was speaking about the "Sinar Hy6", as such no confusion can occur.
And yourself made it clear that the AFi's socket has a different purpose, respectively that the user should not use it. Where is the possible confusion?
And since the OP (and others) did use the name "Sinar Hy6" in some following posts and make some claims about it, I do not see a problem to give precisions, but I see a problem being denied the right do so.
Thanks for your understanding of my position as well.
Best regards,
Thierry
Surely you have noticed that the title of this thread is about the Leaf AFi? The OP uses an AFi and therefore I think that any information given should be referring to the AFi to avoid unnecessary confusion.
Thanks for your understanding
Yair
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198253\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]