Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Jason Denning on May 26, 2008, 07:50:57 am
-
Hi,
There was a topic a couple of months ago about good software for correcting the Mamiya 24mm Fisheye lens. I checked out the various suggestions but haven't been able to get good results with any as yet.
Can anyone give me settings they know work for either Proxel Lens corrector or Lens Fix by Kekus.
Any help is appreciated, Thanks
Jason
-
My experience with Image Align is pretty good. The edges get a bit soft but by sliding the cursor to it's maximum position the barrel distortion goes away. It's been a while since I've used it (I bought a 28mm) but as I recall sometimes I might correct twice because of the extreme distortion. You'll have to use CS2 to work with the program since they have decided not to develop software that works with CS3. Jim
-
Gidday,
ImageAline will work in Photoshop CS3 but you have run it in Rossetta which runs slower.
Proxel I have found to do a great job in correcting my Mamiya 24mm lens. I think the setting I was using was 1.55 to 1.75?
Cheers
Simon
-
Thanks Simon,
Searching for Image Align doesn't come p with anything, does it still exist?
In proxel I have found no setting that completely gets rid of the distortion.
Jason
Gidday,
ImageAline will work in Photoshop CS3 but you have run it in Rossetta which runs slower.
Proxel I have found to do a great job in correcting my Mamiya 24mm lens. I think the setting I was using was 1.55 to 1.75?
Cheers
Simon
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198230\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]