Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: shutay on May 23, 2008, 09:15:16 am
-
Not sure if you've seen this yet:
Ken Geiger, a senior Senior Editor of Technology and Illustrations at National Geographic magazine, wrote about his experience of shooting long exposure photographs of Stonehenge with a Phase One P45 digital back.
http://ngm.typepad.com/digital_photography...ing-stoneh.html (http://ngm.typepad.com/digital_photography/2008/05/shooting-stoneh.html)
And you get to see the photos again in his gallery:
http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2008/06/...ger-photography (http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2008/06/stonehenge/geiger-photography)
Jason
-
He used "light painting" on a lot of the images.
Nice article also.
Paul C
-
I was checking to see the incredible output of the high end state of the art of the P45 systems, and I cannot see the difference in a printed magazine in a several million run. It always comes down to this: we photographers are very nit picky about our IQ, but once your images go down river and the ink splashes on the paper, the twenty thousand dollar subtleties in your image go down the drain.
What I do see is proper image management, excellent photography and great skill behind those images, not 39mpx sensors.