Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: thsinar on May 20, 2008, 07:13:01 am
-
Dear Sinar users,
A new Sinar eXposure 6.01 version is available since today on our webpage:
www.sinarcameras.com
Login is required. The software can be downloaded in the "Downloads" ---> "Softwares" section.
This new version addresses some bugs from the earlier 6.0 version. Consult the "Read Me" file for more details.
Best regards,
Thierry
-
Thanks. Downloading now.
-
Caramba ! Not yet for me...!
PdF
-
Dear Sinar users,
A new Sinar eXposure 6.01 [a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=196739\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi
I now have a mac that can (almost) handle Exposure
Can people comment
1)
how can I make HTML contacts or just export a pile of say 1000 PXL jpgs of a shoot
I need to sustain the settings applied in Exposre (WB curve etc)
2)
Maybe im too 'newb' with the software but which parameter being used is a little unclear
ie I did a shoot an upped the exposure on one image which I had under exposed - then shot more images they were diplayed with that exposure compensation applied leading me to under expose a load more images (this was a test)
I can of course see the advantage on using previous white balance curve etc - in the eyelike software it was very obvious which 'parameter' was being used
any comments TIA
-----------------
Edit
to output a folder with 139 images to jpg (60%) took two hours - ok more RAM may cut this down to one hour but that is still really no good - may shoot 1500 images on my next shoot - time to create a contact 15 hours ??
------------------
SMM
-
Preview are fast! I have been giving version 6.01 a run on some studio jobs tethered with eMotion 22 this week. The preview generation speed is way up on captureshop. The fresh image has been taking a mater of seconds to display on the mac. I take a shot and it is on the mac before I get there mac to look at it. The ability to crop quickly and export is great too.
David
-
...contact sheets anyone ?
S
-
Hi
I now have a mac that can (almost) handle Exposure
Can people comment
1)
how can I make HTML contacts or just export a pile of say 1000 PXL jpgs of a shoot
I need to sustain the settings applied in Exposre (WB curve etc)
2)
Maybe im too 'newb' with the software but which parameter being used is a little unclear
ie I did a shoot an upped the exposure on one image which I had under exposed - then shot more images they were diplayed with that exposure compensation applied leading me to under expose a load more images (this was a test)
I can of course see the advantage on using previous white balance curve etc - in the eyelike software it was very obvious which 'parameter' was being used
any comments TIA
-----------------
Edit
to output a folder with 139 images to jpg (60%) took two hours - ok more RAM may cut this down to one hour but that is still really no good - may shoot 1500 images on my next shoot - time to create a contact 15 hours ??
------------------
SMM
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198356\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Dear Morgan,
1. At the moment there is no possibility to make a fast contact sheet in eXposure in a fast way, like you want to see it.
2. the parameter which is used for the shooting is displayed in the capture tab under the section camera. If you are making a change on the last captured image it will be applied to the next shoot automatically. Then you will see as image parameter in the camera settings "Last capture" If you make a change on a image which is older it won't be applied to the the following shots.
Best regards
Michael
-
Dear Morgan,
1. At the moment there is no possibility to make a fast contact sheet in eXposure in a fast way, like you want to see it.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198543\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Is there another program that sustains the Exposure Settings WB etc
Bridge ? - Lightroom ? RawDeveloper - whatever ?
Or do you propose capture in Exposure, then move to another program completely
makes no sence when shooting tethered corrected in front of a client - the wont get what they saw
Can you tell me what you think the workflow using a sinar camera should be - is a contact sheet not part of a normal workflow
I want to do shooting tethered
Capture test shot with grey or greg card
Basic Corrections
Capture Session with those corrections applied to all images
Contact sheet for client (HTML)
Client chooses
Better correction
Retouch
Deliver
Normal I would have thought ?
S
-
You can export the images as JPEGs into a folder, then use Photoshop to create a web gallery. Very easy, just a few clicks. (There are even quite a few temples to choose from). I don't understand why people want so many features built into the DB's software which are already in PS
-
You can export the images as JPEGs into a folder, then use Photoshop to create a web gallery. Very easy, just a few clicks. (There are even quite a few temples to choose from). I don't understand why people want so many features built into the DB's software which are already in PS
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198565\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
How does one apply the corrections made to one image to the other images, e.g. white balance. I do not find the software intuitive and would appreciate any help you can offer.
-
How does one apply the corrections made to one image to the other images, e.g. white balance. I do not find the software intuitive and would appreciate any help you can offer.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198571\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
In the contact view mode you can ctrl+click on an image which has had changes applied and select 'copy image parameter'. Then highlight the images you want the same changes to apply to, ctrl+click and select 'paste image parameter'.
There's more to it, but that's a start.
-
...contact sheets anyone ?
S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198531\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Since you are creating DNGs I assume you could use your favourite raw processing software such as Lightroom and create a contact sheet there too (I haven't tried this one).
-
Does anyone know if/when eXposure is likely to support the Eyelike Precision backs - if not for tethering, at least for processing?
Cheers,
Kumar
-
Thanks Graham!
a bit more concerning "Image Parameters": those same settings can be saved the same way (ctrl+click) ---> "Save Image Parameters" and given a name, then loaded (ctrl+click) ---> "Load Image Parameters" and applied this way to any images selected (highlighted) in your contact sheet.
Another way to access the "Image Parameters" : "click" on the "i" icon on the top right in the "Contact Sheet" panel/dock widget. Then you have access to the same as above ("Manage Image Parameters"; "Load Image Parameters"; "Save Image Parameters"; "Copy Image Parameters" & "Paste Image Parameters").
Best regards,
Thierry
In the contact view mode you can ctrl+click on an image which has had changes applied and select 'copy image parameter'. Then highlight the images you want the same changes to apply to, ctrl+click and select 'paste image parameter'.
There's more to it, but that's a start.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198573\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
You can export the images as JPEGs into a folder, then use Photoshop to create a web gallery. Very easy, just a few clicks. (There are even quite a few temples to choose from). I don't understand why people want so many features built into the DB's software which are already in PS
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198565\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
(I am working on a clean machine only - no software installed yet exept Exposure and CS(1) * - needing to make choices)
I know one can export jpgs but exporting 130 jpg images took two hours on my machne - it would probably be 1.5 hours or maybe one hour on the latest greatest machine - a full night of processing whatever machine
in the next 48 hours I will shoot maybe 1000- images - a clothes cataloge
So that would at least run the machine over night to create jpgs
Also having them all in one folder is not right because the different products will be in different folders
So you couldnt even leave the machine running over night by itself
at this point you have a pile of jpgs that are 60 MB open
a second process then has to be run to create web size jpgs
These jpgs would acurrately reflect the image parameter chosen that the client saw being shot
The result would be right but the process is not viable time wise
My other option is to shoot a parameter and have a pile of DNGs that the client saw with a parameter applied
I then view these DNGs in a secondary piece of software LR Siklypix, C1 (?) or somthing else
previously when I have moved Sinar DNGs to another viewing platform (silkypix) the Parameters have then been lost
I then have to create a new paramater or set of settings in that software - taking time and also creating a (slightly) different image from the one the client saw at the time of the shoot
I can then use that software to output a contact sheet or 1000PXL jpgs that I will make into my own contact sheet
MY MAIN CONCERN IS THE SUSTAINING OF THE PAPAMATER into another software
Who is doing what and how please ?
ps anyone who used the Eyelike software will remember the superfast parameter applied contact sheets and will understand my frustrations (OK 600pxl was a little small but all else was cool)
Help please...
SMM
* the reason I have CS1 is about licenses I have an newer CS2 on another machince I havnt worked out the license situation yet and whether I can transfer across or upgrade or what !
-
SMM,
Why not keep using eyelike capture pro
since it does everything you need effortlessly.
Maybe I should investigate as well.
Does it work with eMotion75LV, MacOS 10.5.2 ?
Billy
-
Yes, it does.
Thierry
Does it work with eMotion75LV, MacOS 10.5.2 ?
Billy
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198760\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
Yes, it does.
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198787\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Oh !
Ill try
It didnt seem to work with I upgraded from E22 to 75LV - I dont have a disc ref that camera
too busy now
still those 600px contacts are really a bit small
Im more interested in how TH and Goodi think people should work ..
what workflow have they visualised in thier heads ?
also I thought Exposure had white correction, better moiree noise etc - maybe that is all functions of the newer backs
S
-
Sam,
I will let Michael answer the workflow, since certainly more used to it so far.
But yes, eXposure 6.0 and 6.0.1 do support all eMotion backs, also the eMotion 22, and the 75 series, being it a model with or w/o LV, as well as the newer just released models with bigger display and new sensor board. This is written in the "Read Me" file coming with the installer.
moiré noise? I guess you mean "Moiré" or "Noise".
eXposure is creating DNG files which are compatible with all common DNG applications on the market: LR, ACD, Aperture, Camera Raw, C1, etc ... Those DNG applications have integrated NR tools/filters. It is planed to have a NR plugin in eXposure as well, among others, but Michael would be in a better position to give an ETA, if known.
In any case, a new 6.1 version is planed to be released begin of July, with new functions and new backs supported.
Best regards,
Thierry
Oh !
Ill try
It didnt seem to work with I upgraded from E22 to 75LV - I dont have a disc ref that camera
too busy now
still those 600px contacts are really a bit small
Im more interested in how TH and Goodi think people should work ..
what workflow have they visualised in thier heads ?
also I thought Exposure had white correction, better moiree noise etc - maybe that is all functions of the newer backs
S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198795\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
Sam,
The ref files should be stored in your e75 if it is not an earlier back and you should not need the CD like previously with the e22 and the first e75. But the back comes however ALWAYS with a CD containing these ref files and you should have got it: if not, I would recommend you to contact our distributor.
Best regards,
Thierry
I upgraded from E22 to 75LV - I dont have a disc ref that camera
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198795\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
Sam,
I will let Michael answer the workflow, since certainly more used to it so far.
But yes, eXposure 6.0 and 6.0.1 do support all eMotion backs, also the eMotion 22, and the 75 series, being it a model with or w/o LV, as well as the newer just released models with bigger display and new sensor board. This is written in the "Read Me" file coming with the installer.
moiré noise? I guess you mean "Moiré" or "Noise".
eXposure is creating DNG files which are compatible with all common DNG applications on the market: LR, ACD, Aperture, Camera Raw, C1, etc ... Those DNG applications have integrated NR tools/filters. It is planed to have a NR plugin in eXposure as well, among others, but Michael would be in a better position to give an ETA, if known.
In any case, a new 6.1 version is planed to be released begin of July, with new functions and new backs supported.
Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198805\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
A poster suggeted I use the old eyelike software
A new back with old software
not an old back with new software
I was suggesting that the new sotware should (?) produce less noisy and more moiree free files
S
-
eXposure produces DNG files, "kind of" raw files. From there you have different possibilities to reduce noise or moiré. eXposure is a capture software first, a DNG converting software in addition. As said, it is planed to have NR or other Moiré filter plugins integrated, but not currently. This can be done in any compatible DNG application.
Michael can certainly tell more about it.
Best regards,
Thierry
I was suggesting that the new sotware should (?) produce less noisy and more moiree free files
S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198816\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
eXposure produces DNG files, "kind of" raw files. From there you have different possibilities to reduce noise or moiré. eXposure is a capture software first, a DNG converting software in addition. As said, it is planed to have NR or other Moiré filter plugins integrated, but not currently. This can be done in any compatible DNG application.
Michael can certainly tell more about it.
Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198818\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Mate - im not worried about noise or moiree - im interested in delivering images shot tethered with Exposure smoothly to my clients
and that includes a contact sheet with the paramaters they saw being shot
we are drifting here..
S
-
Mate - im not worried about noise or moiree - im interested in delivering images shot tethered with Exposure smoothly to my clients
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198832\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Possible, without any problem.
and that includes a contact sheet with the paramaters they saw being shot
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198832\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Also possible, also without any problem. see Graham's post and mine concerning parameters, from yesterday.
Mate - im not worried about noise or moiree - we are drifting here..
S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198832\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
??? - who spoke about "Noise", Moiré, ...?
Thierry
-
I'm using Exposure 6.0.1 but the Shading calibration is still unusable; it doesn't work at all.
Anyone here has the same problem? I hope the solution is near because every time I shoot interiors with white walls I can admire beautifull rainbows crosing my pictures
-
Michael G.,
Would you clarify SMM's question if parameters (curve, saturation, etc.) are carried over into Aperture, C1, Lightroom?
Thanks,
Billy
-
Michael G.,
Would you clarify SMM's question if parameters (curve, saturation, etc.) are carried over into Aperture, C1, Lightroom?
Thanks,
Billy
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198837\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I just ran a test with Lightroom because I was curious. Seems to work.
-
I just ran a test with Lightroom because I was curious. Seems to work.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198840\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Cool
can you clarify that test
maybe drop the saturation to 0 in Exposure - make it go black and white then open in LR
see if the B+W is sustained !
then there will be no 'seems' about it
Once the images are in lightroom can you make painless contact sheets ie export 100 images in less than 10mins
Thanks
ps not too sure about the shading yet - I am seeing magenta in the middle and green at the edge - havnt tried to sort
S
-
(contacts)
Also possible, also without any problem. see Graham's post and mine concerning parameters, from yesterday.[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198833\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Eh
just re-read the thread cant see a clear answer from yesterday
if the paramaters move to LR then there is a clear answer - spend another $600
If they dont then there is no clear answer
S
-
Mate Sam,
can you wait until tomorrow? I am not using LR and have not spent the $600 for it.
My guess is that Michael will answer, just be a bit patient.
It is 3.30 am here and am going somewhere else now!
Good day/night,
Thierry
Eh
just re-read the thread cant see a clear answer from yesterday
if the paramaters move to LR then there is a clear answer - spend another $600
If they dont then there is no clear answer
S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198844\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
Mate Sam,
can you wait until tomorrow? I am not using LR and have not spent the $600 for it.
My guess is that Michael will answer, just be a bit patient.
It is 3.30 am here and am going somewhere else now!
Good day/night,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198845\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
of course
S
-
maybe drop the saturation to 0 in Exposure - make it go black and white then open in LR
see if the B+W is sustained !
then there will be no 'seems' about it
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198842\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Trust me, I made unsubtle changes to be sure. I had 3 images in a folder. Applied a crazy white balance to one, and a crazy curve to another. The images looked the same in Lightroom, but I can't be sure that the parameters are 100% equivalent, or that every parameter is supported. That would take quite a bit of testing. I won't be the one to do it because I wouldn't use this workflow anyway.
-
Thanks for your effort, Graham.
My workflow is similar to SMM's, so I shall explore further with C1.
BTW, isn't Lightroom just $200, not $600?
-
Thanks for your effort, Graham.
My workflow is similar to SMM's, so I shall explore further with C1.
BTW, isn't Lightroom just $200, not $600?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198853\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
C1 capture one ?
Any testers on that
LR - i thought you needed PS/CS3
Anyway when I have time at the W/e I will DL a few trials and get it sorted
thanks graham for your efforts
BTW what is your workflow that doesnt require contacts ??
S
-
BTW what is your workflow that doesnt require contacts ??
S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=198860\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It doesn't happen often with my work, but I would export JPEGs from Exposure, then use the automated contact sheet feature of Photoshop.