Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: marcgoldring on May 11, 2008, 08:08:07 pm

Title: Missing files - LR crashes
Post by: marcgoldring on May 11, 2008, 08:08:07 pm
After doing some searches in Library, I noticed that there were 4 missing files listed up top. When I tried to go in to look further, LR hung up and eventually crashed. Now, whenever I click on missing files, LR hangs up. I've tested the integrity and optimized the catalog and that's fine. I don't really care about losing the 4 images, although I'd rather not. I'm more concerned about what is causing this odd behavior.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Marco
Title: Missing files - LR crashes
Post by: marcgoldring on May 13, 2008, 03:45:12 pm
Quote
After doing some searches in Library, I noticed that there were 4 missing files listed up top. When I tried to go in to look further, LR hung up and eventually crashed. Now, whenever I click on missing files, LR hangs up. I've tested the integrity and optimized the catalog and that's fine. I don't really care about losing the 4 images, although I'd rather not. I'm more concerned about what is causing this odd behavior.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Marco
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=195117\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm hoping someone has some thoughts on this. Now whenever I simply click on the Missing Files bar, LR locks up. Any suggestions for what I might try to solve this.

Thanks again,

Marc
Title: Missing files - LR crashes
Post by: John.Murray on May 13, 2008, 05:35:27 pm
Marc:  Are you running Windows?  Explorer has been known to "hang" when enumerating disconnected network drives.

Open "My Computer" and look for any drives with a red "x" over them.

Here's a link describing the issue:

http://blogs.technet.com/markrussinovich/a...orer-hangs.aspx (http://blogs.technet.com/markrussinovich/archive/2005/08/28/the-case-of-the-intermittent-and-annoying-explorer-hangs.aspx)

hope this helps - John
Title: Missing files - LR crashes
Post by: marcgoldring on May 16, 2008, 01:19:16 pm
Quote
Marc:  Are you running Windows?  Explorer has been known to "hang" when enumerating disconnected network drives.

Open "My Computer" and look for any drives with a red "x" over them.

hope this helps - John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=195568\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks, I'm on Windows. But there are no disconnected drives and the problem is in LR not Explorer. Still, I'll see what I can sort out via Explorer.

Marc