Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: sesshin on May 08, 2008, 11:48:44 pm

Title: issue with NEC 2690
Post by: sesshin on May 08, 2008, 11:48:44 pm
I just bought an NEC 2690, and while its a great monitor, the only thing that concerns me is that its very wobbly. If I push it with with my finger or bump into my desk the monitor wobbles back and forth quite a bit before settling down. My wife said it looks like a bobblehead. Other than that it glides and adjusts smoothly.

Is this a problem with other 2690 owners or did I get one with a loose base? Its pretty distracting and am considering returning it. If its just a loose base I'll order the same model again. Otherwise I would have to look at other options.
Title: issue with NEC 2690
Post by: peteh on May 09, 2008, 12:54:55 am
Quote
I just bought an NEC 2690, and while its a great monitor, the only thing that concerns me is that its very wobbly. If I push it with with my finger or bump into my desk the monitor wobbles back and forth quite a bit before settling down. My wife said it looks like a bobblehead. Other than that it glides and adjusts smoothly.

Is this a problem with other 2690 owners or did I get one with a loose base? Its pretty distracting and am considering returning it. If its just a loose base I'll order the same model again. Otherwise I would have to look at other options.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=194503\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Mine's SOLID as a rock! Both up and down in landscape mode only, mind you.
Title: issue with NEC 2690
Post by: sesshin on May 09, 2008, 02:04:35 am
Well it sounds like mine is less than optimal then. Its pretty much the exact opposite of "solid as a rock". I'll be sending it back tomorrow.
Title: issue with NEC 2690
Post by: Ken Rahaim on May 09, 2008, 02:22:22 am
Quote
Well it sounds like mine is less than optimal then. Its pretty much the exact opposite of "solid as a rock". I'll be sending it back tomorrow.
Sounds like a good idea. The one in my home office and the 2 in my studio are solid as a rock too.
Title: issue with NEC 2690
Post by: Josh-H on May 09, 2008, 06:34:35 am
Quote
Mine's SOLID as a rock! Both up and down in landscape mode only, mind you.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=194511\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ditto - mine is sold as a rock - never moves, and no wobbles.
Title: issue with NEC 2690
Post by: digitaldog on May 09, 2008, 08:59:35 am
Quote
Ditto - mine is sold as a rock - never moves, and no wobbles.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=194539\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Same here.
Title: issue with NEC 2690
Post by: Craig Murphy on May 09, 2008, 09:22:04 am
Mine wobbles for a couple of seconds if I push on it.  So what.  My LaCie CRT wobbles too if I do the same thing.   Whats the big deal?  How often is anyone making their monitor wobble anyway?
Title: issue with NEC 2690
Post by: Nill Toulme on May 09, 2008, 09:38:55 am
Craig you must not live in an old house with wood floors.  ;-)

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net
Title: issue with NEC 2690
Post by: mistybreeze on May 09, 2008, 11:35:58 am
I would not call mine SOLID AS A ROCK because I also have a 1980sxi, the one with the square-metal foot-pad. The 1980 is SOLID AS A ROCK. That monitor doesn't budge.

The larger models with the triangular feet do behave like bobbing heads but such a description is an exaggeration. If you nudge the screen strongly, it has a bobble effect.

But who nudges their screens (except to turn off the LED light)? My workstation is secure and it doesn't move, therefore, my monitor doesn't move either (unless I press the "off" button).

I wouldn't return it unless you feel you have something extremely abnormal (which I doubt).
Title: issue with NEC 2690
Post by: Lisa Nikodym on May 09, 2008, 10:05:15 pm
Mine's somewhere in between the extremes.  It certainly wobbles a bit when it or the desk is bumped, but only a bit.

Lisa
Title: issue with NEC 2690
Post by: peteh on May 09, 2008, 11:33:48 pm
Quote
Mine's somewhere in between the extremes.  It certainly wobbles a bit when it or the desk is bumped, but only a bit.

Lisa
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=194762\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Just jacked mine up to full up and am looking almost up at it and STILL SOLID !