Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Stuarte on April 29, 2008, 05:04:13 am

Title: Can't change to Library module in 1.4.1
Post by: Stuarte on April 29, 2008, 05:04:13 am
I've experienced the same message on my MacBook Pro running the latest OS-X and on my iMac running the previous OS-X - "An error occurred when attempting to change modules".

I've tried going back to previous LR catalogues, but I get the same thing happening.

Photos are stored on an external LaCie Rugged.
Title: Can't change to Library module in 1.4.1
Post by: The View on April 30, 2008, 12:08:04 am
I sometimes get these error messages, and I suppose I was typing commands to quickly.

But usually it should be OK after it.

Are you sure your external hard drive is OK? (to be sure: even when working on the iMac you are using the LaCie as image source/storage site?)

What connection do you use? FireWire or USB 2.0? What size do your images have?

Could it be, that the info takes too long loading from the external hard drive?

And: does it happen EVERY TIME or just sometimes?