Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: The Vulcan on April 21, 2008, 12:37:32 am

Title: Pre-set backups
Post by: The Vulcan on April 21, 2008, 12:37:32 am
I apologise in advance if this is an old subject but I'm new to this forum and indeed Lightroom in general. I am also still using V1.0.

I can successfully back-up all facets of Lightroom (just transferred all to my laptop as evidence) but could not "pull over" my pre-sets.

Could someone please advise how I back up my pre-sets.

Thanking you in advance
Title: Pre-set backups
Post by: francofit on April 21, 2008, 03:01:55 am
Quote
...

Could someone please advise how I back up my pre-sets.

Thanking you in advance
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=190893\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
There are at least two ways for discovering the folder where all of your Lightroom presets are stored:

-A-
1- In Library: find the command for editing "Preferences" (under PC Windows is: "Edit / Preferences..")
2- Click on tab "Presets", then you see the button "Show Lightroom Presets Folder":  click it
3- Now your Explorer  (or Finder if you are on Mac) is showing you  the top Lightroom folder you have to backup for saving all the Presets

another way to get there:

-B- In "Developer":
1- Right Click on any Preset and select "Show in Explorer" ("Show in Finder" if on Mac)
2- Now  your Explorer  (or Finder if you are on Mac) is showing you  the exact location of that preset you have just right-clicked
3- You may now decide to go up in the folder hierarchy in order to encompass all the Lightroom presets Folders you may want to backup
Title: Pre-set backups
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on April 21, 2008, 03:32:04 am
Quote
I apologise in advance if this is an old subject but I'm new to this forum and indeed Lightroom in general. I am also still using V1.0.

I can successfully back-up all facets of Lightroom (just transferred all to my laptop as evidence) but could not "pull over" my pre-sets.

Could someone please advise how I back up my pre-sets.

Thanking you in advance
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=190893\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
On a Mac, all your LR presets, keyword sets and so on are in

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom

Jeremy
Title: Pre-set backups
Post by: The Vulcan on April 21, 2008, 05:50:20 am
Thank you both very much. That's been most helpful.
Title: Pre-set backups
Post by: digitaldog on April 21, 2008, 09:20:02 am
As I wrote in another thread, use the "Store presets with catalog" (or not). That's usually a necessary setting when you copy all this to another driver to take on location as an example. You want the presets to travel with the catalog.
Title: Pre-set backups
Post by: The Vulcan on April 21, 2008, 09:35:59 am
Quote
As I wrote in another thread, use the "Store presets with catalog" (or not). That's usually a necessary setting when you copy all this to another driver to take on location as an example. You want the presets to travel with the catalog.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=190963\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm sorry to come back on this but I don't seem to have this facility on V1.0. Am I missing something?

Thanking you in anticipation of your reply
Title: Pre-set backups
Post by: digitaldog on April 21, 2008, 09:42:47 am
Quote
I'm sorry to come back on this but I don't seem to have this facility on V1.0. Am I missing something?

Should be there. Preferences, Presets, 2nd section.
Title: Pre-set backups
Post by: francofit on April 21, 2008, 09:43:14 am
Quote
I'm sorry to come back on this but I don't seem to have this facility on V1.0. Am I missing something?

Thanking you in anticipation of your reply
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=190965\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yes,  that capability was not there in the very first release.
I would strongly suggest you to update to the latest release (1.4.1): you will benefit a lot of improvements.
Title: Pre-set backups
Post by: The Vulcan on April 21, 2008, 11:15:03 am
Again my sincere thanks for your most helpful replies