Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: dseelig on April 18, 2008, 11:54:37 pm

Title: contax 24-85 vs canon 24-105
Post by: dseelig on April 18, 2008, 11:54:37 pm
I am wondering how they compare optically on a ff canon digital and also the 24-70 On another forumj with a 1ds mk 111 I had a report of the zeiss being much better. I f anyone hear has used a 1ds mk111 that would be great thanks David
Title: contax 24-85 vs canon 24-105
Post by: httivals on April 19, 2008, 10:27:39 am
I've used both.  My 24-105mm is sharper at all apertures from 24-50mm than the Contax.  I didn't own them at the same time, but the 24-105mm right after the Contax, so I didn't do controlled side-by-side testing.  They were both new lenses (though the Contax 24-85mm had been converted to use on the Canon).  At 85mm they were about equal.  The Contax had better bokeh, especially at 85mm and with backlighting.  This is on a Canon 5D.

Quote
I am wondering how they compare optically on a ff canon digital and also the 24-70 thanks David
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=190547\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]