Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: jecxz on April 17, 2008, 12:34:10 pm
-
I seldom used the recessed Film Rewind button on my H2s.
Now, with the H3DII, Hasselblad has changed the function of this button to format a CF card – very good idea and I use it every time I slip a CF card in. Works great!
On one of my H bodies, this button works 100% of the time with my thumbnail (as it did with my H2s).
With my second H body, the button does not protrude far enough so I have to use something pointy and small (i.e. a paperclip) to press it (in other words, using a finger nail doesn’t press it).
Question: Can you check your H1/H2/H3 body and tell me if you can press this button with your finger nail and let me know here or privately?
Why: I sent my brand new H3DII in to get this button adjusted (so I can use my finger nail) and Hasselblad New Jersey says they tested it with a pencil and it works fine - that I should use a pencil - they returned the camera to my dealer (Fotocare in NYC) without fixing it. I just want to find out if you guys can use your finger nail or not.
Thanks for your help. Be well.
-
Actually I find is DOESN'T work with a finger nail but is much more reliable with a firm thumb press.
Try it!
Jo s.x
-
I seldom used the recessed Film Rewind button on my H2s.
Now, with the H3DII, Hasselblad has changed the function of this button to format a CF card – very good idea and I use it every time I slip a CF card in. Works great!
On one of my H bodies, this button works 100% of the time with my thumbnail (as it did with my H2s).
With my second H body, the button does not protrude far enough so I have to use something pointy and small (i.e. a paperclip) to press it (in other words, using a finger nail doesn’t press it).
Question: Can you check your H1/H2/H3 body and tell me if you can press this button with your finger nail and let me know here or privately?
Why: I sent my brand new H3DII in to get this button adjusted (so I can use my finger nail) and Hasselblad New Jersey says they tested it with a pencil and it works fine - that I should use a pencil - they returned the camera to my dealer (Fotocare in NYC) without fixing it. I just want to find out if you guys can use your finger nail or not.
Thanks for your help. Be well.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=190178\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Well of course.
Every photographer carries a pencil with them when we shoot in the lab, uh I mean studio.
JR