Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Potus5 on April 15, 2008, 04:12:01 pm

Title: Keywording Hierarchial System Advice
Post by: Potus5 on April 15, 2008, 04:12:01 pm
I've have not been using to date a hierarchial "grandparent > parent > child" keywording system but rather employed a series of discret typed in individual words separated with commas in the right hand 'Keywording' panel. With over 6000 photos now into my LR library I realized now that I had better put some order into the keywording.

My question is - has anyone developed a generic keywording hierarchy system for LR or does anyone have advice - what hierarchy approach do you use. I tend to shoot quite a varied set of scenes - wildlife, landscape, flowers, people, urban, architecture, abstracts, tourist type, etc., etc, etc., and from around the world so I need a system that distinquishes places, subjects, ideas/concepts, etc.

I've read Martin Evening's LR book on the subject of keywording but didn't find it all that useful in terms of actually designing a hierarchial system. Are there any keyword strcuture programs out there that one can import into LR?

Appreciate any and all advice.
Title: Keywording Hierarchial System Advice
Post by: luong on April 15, 2008, 04:29:44 pm
http://www.controlledvocabulary.com/ (http://www.controlledvocabulary.com/) sells a keyword hierarchy that can be imported in various softwares, including LR. Personally, I preferred to build my own image categories (http://www.terragalleria.com/pictures-subjects/), taking into account the areas of particular strengths in my stock base.
Title: Keywording Hierarchial System Advice
Post by: Potus5 on April 15, 2008, 10:12:25 pm
Quote
http://www.controlledvocabulary.com/ (http://www.controlledvocabulary.com/) sells a keyword hierarchy that can be imported in various softwares, including LR. Personally, I preferred to build my own image categories (http://www.terragalleria.com/pictures-subjects/), taking into account the areas of particular strengths in my stock base.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=189776\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks - looks like a logical yet simple approach which would likely work for me.

Appreciate the information.